Understeer Quattro?!?

Iceash

Reaction score
Gave some beans round a roundabout and got understeer! Is my Quattro broken or something?!?

Nah because the engine is so far forward the weight of it makes it understeer, just need to get used to it!

Takes a bit of getting used to but your driving style can kill most of the understeer :) that and good tyres of course.

Last edited:
Its got goodyears all round. does normally stick very well, was surprised the front washed out a little, just eased off and it came back in line :)

Uprated anti roll bars, bushes and brackets and stiffened up suspension and a good set of control arms/bushes all round will certainly improve things !!

Reactions: Iceash
Eibach roll bars and coil springs, meyle hd control arms and all germans rear suspension refresh kit will set you at about just over 1k !!!!

But will be worth it !!

Eibach roll bars and coil springs, meyle hd control arms and all germans rear suspension refresh kit will set you at about just over 1k !!!!

But will be worth it !!

lol your funny, I tow a caravan, I'm not spending that much uprating the suspension lol Shall do things like air con, abs ring, rocker cover gasket, gearbox oil change, couple of rust blisters on the boot. Before I get to that sort of stuff :)

Bigger rear ARB will make the biggest difference. 19mm Neuspeed seems to be one of the most popular choices.

Bigger rear ARB will sort things out. Leave the front bar alone, bigger front bar will only increase understeer.

na not broken, if i give mine a little round a round about it does push the front, but back of a little, get the tyres dug in then foot down, as above its a totally diffrent driving style to a bmw. ive had the back out in 1st gear but then nearly stacked it in to the curb as it suddenly gripped and shot off towards the kurb at a 45 degree angle to the road lol. learnt not to do it again haha.

still would love to have enough power to get it sideways, but then with 2254518's on i guess im better of not having that kinda fun!