Right. Here's the long story shortened as best as possible. Two weeks ago I bought my 1997 R Reg - Audi A4 SE 110 1.9TDi Saloon.
Here are the main details:
- 150,500 miles on the clock
- serviced on and off thorughout it's life - last service done (by a non-audi specialist) in January this year
- MOT until end of October
These are the things that are wrong with it/things I want to do with it:
- rub down and touch up a rusty patch on the wheel arch
- clean the turbo? (came with an Innotect Turbo Clean Set (Art. Nr.: 10.1701))
- the engine cover is not attached - looks like two large plastic studs are snapped that hold it on
- one of the cupholders is broke
- one of the speakers in the passenger sounds like it may need replacing
- a few little cuts and bruises that need touching up with paint
- Maybe recover the steering wheel
- upgrade the stereo
Basically, I am trying to find out whether I should be investing the time and money in this car or just enjoy it for what it is before it runs out of steam. It seens like it's been well looked after through it's life and a lot of the things that need sorting are minor but they all still cost money. In the very short time I have had this car, I have fallen in love with it and know my next car will be an Audi. I suppose I really want to know whether I should just save my money to invest in a slightly younger version of the A4 I have now or whether I may get a few years out of this one?
Any help would be gratefully received. It's been a while since I have done any sort of tinkering with a car but I do have a steady hand and a haynes manual!