Supercharging A4 2.8 30v quattro

g60vw

Reaction score
Website
n
I am looking at buying a Supercharger from PES engineering in the US and would like some views on pros and cons etc and anything else you can chip in,before I part with my cash!!.
Also, does anyone know where I can best purchase performance cylinder heads? for this engine.
Its a great car to drive, but, I intend to make it even better! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif.
Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't your supercharged 2.8Q for sale, Doc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep she is up for sale but if she doesn’t sell soon I will have to strip off the SC and sell them that way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I love the smooth power of the V6 with the SC unlike my chipped 1.8TQ which you have to work hard to get it moving unlike my V6 which just pulls the moment you put your foot down.

But as they say you can get more power from the 1.8T.

[ QUOTE ]
Docurley, I was thinking about your A4 (coz I can't sell my 2.8Q either) and thought that if I were you I'd split the SC and the car.

If I were to keep my car I would probably make you an offer on the SC although I don't know that the tiptronic box would like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are several people who are running this on a Trip with no problem at all plus PES do a trip chip for this set-up.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't your supercharged 2.8Q for sale, Doc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep she is up for sale but if she doesn’t sell soon I will have to strip off the SC and sell them that way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I love the smooth power of the V6 with the SC unlike my chipped 1.8TQ which you have to work hard to get it moving unlike my V6 which just pulls the moment you put your foot down.

But as they say you can get more power from the 1.8T.

[/ QUOTE ]

As the song says: "It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it."

I'd have thought you'd take the supercharged V6's power delivery in preference over the 1.8T's outright power. I know I would.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had the 1.8TQ not turned up I would have kept her and yeah I love that instant power but hate track day when the tuned A3's blast me off and yes Rich you is one of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

So I want to build a RS4 contender but with out the running cost of one. The A3's will always be very quick as they carry a lot less weight but I will be happy with 350bhp+ if I can get it there.