relays for interior lights

va4o__

Reaction score
Hello! I have Audi A4 B5 1999 My question is one, precise and specific. Can anyone tell me what relay is responsible for the interior lights and a relay which is responsible for electric mirrors and where are these relays.

Most issues are down to the c/l pump which is the control unit for them

I might be wrong but I don't think there's any actual separate relays for them

pull the central locking pump out. you'll most likely find it sat in a puddle of water.

pull the central locking pump out. you'll most likely find it sat in a puddle of water.

Totally agree.... the sponge thing covering the CL pump will also hold a lot of water so might be useful to take it out and dry it. Caused my car to do weird things, flash indicators, pop the locks open by themselves after locking.

I popped off the lid and found corrosion on the board, cleaned it off and now works properly.

Look, i ask for these relays because my electric mirrors dont work and the interior lights dont work when a door is open. So i decide that the relays are broken.

Look, i ask for these relays because my electric mirrors dont work and the interior lights dont work when a door is open. So i decide that the relays are broken.
As people have said there are no relays as such, there is a circuit board in the CL pump that controls everything and you need to check it. Failing that check your door looms for shorts or breaks.

ok, we admit it, were trying to send you on a wild goose chase.

the relays you speak of are inside the n/s/f tyre.......
the air pressure and g forces of the wheel turning at high speed causes the relays to fail.
you need to remove the tyre and fit new ones. once fitted, to stop it happening again you need to remove the center of the tyre valve (core) and fill the tyre with expandafoam then refit the valve core.
i cant garantee this will fix it but its a good place for you to start!