Silent Alarm

gaz71

1.8T Quattro Sport AJL
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is a way of setting the alarm to be muted?

I noticed my alarm was not sounding a while back so sourced a replacement. I fitted the replacement yet still have no audible alarm.

Am I just really unlucky and have managed to get a duff replacement or is there a way to mute/unmute the alarm sounder?

The lights still flash but no sound.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Gareth

Was the replacement new?

If not, was it the newer "A" suffix style unit, or did it look like the old one?

It wasn't a new part. I got it from a8parts. It is a newer style one, I think it has an A suffix.

Not too bothered if it chirps on setting (although that would be good), I would rather it actually makes a noise if the alarm is triggered.

I GOT ONE FROM A8 PARTS ALSO, AND IT WORKS FINE - EVENTUALY.
THE PINS ON THE WIRINH HARNESS HAD CORRODED AND GONE GREEN WHERE IT HAD NOT BEEN WORKING.
CLEANED THEM WITH AN OLD TOOTH BRUSH AND NOW SHE SINGS TO HER HEARTS CONTENT

boot right hand panel

I have the same problem. Replaced the alarm ecu and the siren and still no sound. But the lights still flash. Can't figure it out.

Are theses facelift or prefacelift cars?

Mines a prefacelift and it don't beep on lock or unlock. Its programmed from what I remember.

scan the locking unit for fault codes. It should tell you if it thinks the new siern is duff.

Thanks, I'll give that a go. I take it the locking unit is accessed with vagcom?

Are theses facelift or prefacelift cars?

Mines a prefacelift and it don't beep on lock or unlock. Its programmed from what I remember.

Mines facelift, but I think you misunderstand the problem. It's not the blip sound on lock or unlock, it's the actual alarm siren, i.e. get in the car, lock it, wait a minute for alarm to arm then wave arms about frantically to set it off.

Thanks, I'll give that a go. I take it the locking unit is accessed with vagcom?

Mines facelift, but I think you misunderstand the problem. It's not the blip sound on lock or unlock, it's the actual alarm siren, i.e. get in the car, lock it, wait a minute for alarm to arm then wave arms about frantically to set it off.

I understood the issue but i felt i should put more than just asking a question.