Newbie Says Hi & Wheel Question

ditcher

Reaction score
Hello to fellow Audi folks out there - sorry new to this list and not sure what the collective term for Audi owners is!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I hope this gets posted in the right area - no doubt a moderator will move it if not! Anyway, I recently bought a yellow A4 Avant - was going to post a picture as an avitar thing, but not sure how to do it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I have i think uploaded some pics to my photo album.
Anyway, other than to say hello, I was after a bit of advice or some pointers regarding wheels.

I like the look of the 18" RS6 alloys, which I believe will fit without too much hassle. The tyre size I want will be 225/40x18 to keep the rolling circumference about the same. My question relates to offset - the wheels I've seen on ebay are not OEM, but replica's and they list different offsets - which should I go for? I assume that the arches will not need to be rolled??

Finally - and thanks if you read this far - an asthetic opinion required. Bearing in mind the colour of the car, do you think original coloured wheels or would anthracite/black wheels look better??

Thanks for reading and look forward to talking to y'all soon.

p.s. - Doc, your project is fantastic! Would love to put a similar kit on mine, but think that's a pipe dream for now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks myman,

Would like to help on the wheels but I'm not the exspert on wheel offsets but I'm sure someone will pipe in.

Or search and I'm sure you will find your answer.

offset for the B5 A4 should be about 30-35 unless you want to use spacers. Welcome to the fun. Also think about suspension, 18s with standard suspension can look a bit odd.

Hi again Doc,

Thanks for the pointers ref the search - I got most of the info from searching, apart from the offset. It was prolly there, but couldn't see it for looking!! ;o)

Chhers

Darren