Want to get an A4 for around 30G's? Help?

b_schulz

Reaction score
Fist off hello, this is my first post! I'm been thinking about getting an Audi but am just starting my search. I want to spend no more than 30G's (as this is kinda my first new car) I'm riding a motorcycle now but need a car for those days when I don't want to ride my moto. I was looking into the 1.8T but don't know much about it. Want a manual transmission I think. But then dont' know much about that special auto/manual transmission the audi's have. I guess I'm just asking for any kinda tips or suggestions on things I should look for, what's good what's not, best deals I can get for that amount of money etc. I live in San Francisco. The sporty'r the better. Anyways, anything will help. Thanks so much. Now I'm gonna browse around the forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I guess I should also note that I was looking into CooperS's and Golf GTI's. Dunno where my money's gonna go but the Audi is my first choice.

Well for $30k, i would have thought u could pick up a 1998/99 S4?? Would be the best choice out of the B5 series A4... 265bhp 2.7 V6 Bi-Turbo... Huge tuning potential, QUattro 4wd, 6speed manual gearbox, generally a lovely car.
If not, then a 1.8T quattro would be good!

Rich

Can't advise on the US prices of Audi since this is predominatly a UK web site - although there are many folks on here from all over the world and the cars are generally the same the world over.

Try this excelent US site http://www.audiworld.com/

Having said that, you'll get plenty of info on here about the various Audis avail.

Good luck and feel free to post any questions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif