Couple of general questions........

tobybutler

Reaction score
When i start my car in the morning, after a couple of secs i get 4 beeps from what sounds like the boot?? (doesn't have parking sensors) - any ideas?

Also when sitting in traffic for a while and the car gets hot, occassionally one of the tappetts gets particularly loud. Oil level is fine etc motor has done 30K and is just due its service.????????

Any advice appreciated.

Toby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Toby,

Don't know about the beeping (although could be the immobiliser??) but the 'tappetty' sound is probably the carbon filter clicking. Happens on all 1.8T engines and is nothing to worry about.

Cheers,

Christian

The beep could be the anti-lock braking system priming itself. Check the owner's manual as I'm sure there's a paragraph in there that mentions an audible check shortly after switching on.

I keep getting the same beeps in the morning sometimes - I haven't figured out what it means either.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Good form, cheers to all. My Handbook refers to the pre-facelift model which mine is not. Will get a new one from Audi when it is serviced next week. Jeezus i love my motor.

Toby /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif