Need help connecting airbag up

Mercoy

Reaction score
Hi all I am new to the site and already i have a problem that i hope someone will be able to help me with. I have a 1996 audi avant and i have bought a s line steering wheel for it. I have changed the steering column for a later one due to the spline differences and i have also managed to get hold of a slip ring and steering column shroud. The problem i have now got is that the connectors for the old horn and airbag are not the same as the new ones :( can anyone help me I need to et it sorted before the MOT I can post pictures if need be :)

Hello there, yeah best get some photos up showing cable colours etc and i'm sure sombody will be able to help

Im struggling to post some pictures my laptop isnt playing ball this afternoon. The old connector has two wires one green and white and the other is brown and white. The new airbag has four wires from it a blue, a brown which go into the airbag unit itself and then there is a green and a purple wire i think iv narrowed the purple down to be for the horn. If anyone can tell me which wires to connect together it would be a great help. :)