Not another suspension question! But im confused!!

ZedS4

Reaction score
Hi all noob here so bear with me!

i have recently bought an 2000 S4 Avant and loving it, but i want to lessen the bounciness and fill some of the arch space, i am planning on bigger wheels but that comes after i sort out the suspension. i have tried searching for threads but keep coming up with A3/S3 threads.

I dont think i will go with coilovers as i dont have the money to buy a decent set and i dont want a harsh ride. i have been looking at eibach springs as my choice of springs but i heard they mess up the shocks after a while- my car has done 121000 miles so this might effect it.

Also is the S4 suspension higher than the 1.8T Quattro as i had the 180bhp Avant before this and im pretty sure it sat lower that my S4 or is it just me?

i have posted pics,

thanks all
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Something like the bilstein b12 kit might be your best option along with a nuespeed anti roll bar and a full 034 motorsport front arm kit then your car will handle very well and be very smooth over rough ground.

The s4 should be lower than the 1.8tq

Thanks hector
i thought the s4 should be lower but it seems my 1.8tq was lower and I'm pretty sure my 1.8tq was less bouncier and felt tighter and I'm sure it was standard suspension, or is because I'm giving more power while I'm turning!

I've looked on eBay for the bilsteim b12 kit, the price of that and all the other stuff is going up turn in to coilover money, on a budget what other options are there anybody?
Thanks

Koni fsd shocks and eibach springs or price up h&r stuff as its 90% bilstein anyway.

Thanks all just got back from picking up the set of dampers and springs. Now anybody know somebody local or not too far out who can fit them in and not ask for big bucks?