Audio cable routing

Tom_B

Reaction score
Going to wire up a sub in the boot as well as a power amp to drive speakers - looking at various posts it seems to be a good idea to run the power supply separate - what is the view on that and also what is the best and neatest way to route the cables from front to back?

I ran my speaker wires and power wires along under the trim on the nearside (passenger side) of the car into the boot. I never suffered any interference with my setup this way.

in all the car stereo's i've ever fitted (must be literally 30-40odd) in mine and other peeps cars, the correct way is POWER down the passenger side and remote cable.... then the phono's down the drivers.
but upto you, decent stuff out there now too, so you'll probs not get any interference anyways :D :D
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...a.98703205729.119777.533810729&type=3&theater
pardon the wires on the left, thats for or rearview camera and DVD Screen/Rear View Mirror.

I ran my power and remote down the drivers side as there is an easy way in to the cabin via the ECU box. RCA's down the left and speaker wires down the centre

I ran my power and remote down the drivers side as there is an easy way in to the cabin via the ECU box. RCA's down the left and speaker wires down the centre

Same, its easier to run the power down the drivers side and thats what i did.

Ran the speaker and RCA cables down the other side as i didnt want to route the cables around the steering column.