Learning my Quattro, but need guidance

Iceash

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm getting more familiar with the car now, have noticed when cornering hard to the right. and the road is slightly rough, I can hear a single slight knock in the back. To the point it sounds like something is sliding around in the boot, checked this nothing in it. Sound like the ARB starting to wear? it's only when the N/S/R is loaded. You can't feel it, just hear it. When the corner is very smooth nothing lol.

I've gone through the whole rear of the car and can't find anything loose. I've released the seats and placed them back in case they weren't locked in correctly.

My front seats squeak a lot, I've searched the forums high and low but can't find any advice. I really don't wanna change them but just wondered if this is common and put up with or can be oiled?

Also, the Quattro system on my car is it permanently on or just rears activate when needed?

Thanks for your help.

Ash

(2000 TQS Avant AJL Engine)

I found on my saloon that the tool kit wasnt clicked in correctly and would come loose and rattle in the cage.

You checked the springs and bushes ??

My seats squeak a bit. On mine it's the seat belt clasp touching the seat bolster, moving the clasp stops the squeak. Pretty sure Quattro is perminantly engaged.

the knock has vanished :) so must have been something I fixed by checking all the fixtures and fittings. seats though are a real pain. I'm tempted to strip them to see what can be done.

How does the quattro system work?

Thanks all.

Ash.

always on.

get some alcantara and stick a small patch to the seat belt clasp. stops it squeaking against the seat.

internal knocking could be any manner of things in cubby holes and spare wheel wells.
external knocking will or could be one of numerous bushes in the rear that is worn.
I had a knocking rear diff hanger on load unload of power

My exhaust knocks against the nsr arm on a sharp right or bumpy right turn think the flexi and mounts are past there use by date lol

Im just putting up with it till i get round to getting a custom 3" system fitted.

My exhaust knocks against the nsr arm on a sharp right or bumpy right turn think the flexi and mounts are past there use by date lol

Im just putting up with it till i get round to getting a custom 3" system fitted.
My pickup used to do that, more so in the rain oddly! went in 3 times they never could fix it either lol

Knock def gone lol.

Just need to figure a fix for seats. and annoying internal squeak from the back seat area then sorted.

My wife want's to know what the strange little red lights above the rear view mirror are for? Damn'd if I know lol

Sexy mood lighting for those cheeky layby stops at night ;)

Reactions: Iceash
always on.

get some alcantara and stick a small patch to the seat belt clasp. stops it squeaking against the seat.

internal knocking could be any manner of things in cubby holes and spare wheel wells.
external knocking will or could be one of numerous bushes in the rear that is worn.
I had a knocking rear diff hanger on load unload of power

Checked tool kit, it makes a blood racket!! I shall try packing it with bubble wrap at least that should deaden the sound lol

I found if you press the cage underneath towards the tool box it would click and the tool box was secured rather than clinging on for dear life so it wouldnt bounce around the cage !!

its not supposed to be a floodlight, just some soft illumination to light up the console at night.

Reactions: Iceash
I found if you press the cage underneath towards the tool box it would click and the tool box was secured rather than clinging on for dear life so it wouldnt bounce around the cage !!
I don't quite follow. Mine is polistyinene so not sure that would work?

My pickup used to do that, more so in the rain oddly! went in 3 times they never could fix it either lol

Knock def gone lol.

Just need to figure a fix for seats. and annoying internal squeak from the back seat area then sorted.

My wife want's to know what the strange little red lights above the rear view mirror are for? Damn'd if I know lol

I think they have something to do with the anti dazzle rear view mirror.
Should be a little sensor in the centre of the mirror to act as a sensor

Bradderz avant has a wheel well tool kit shouldn't rattle when clamped in though