what brembo calipers have i been given?

deburgh999

Reaction score
have been given some brembo calipers part number 205189.00 and try to establish what car there from, come across they might be for a a4 b5, can anyone confirm this? ta

Yeah problem is I can't get any info on what's needed to fit these to my car plus where I buy the re piston kit, may sell them, think maybe easier.

standard issue duo bloc calipers on the S2 and most common big caliper Brembo upgrade.

you could get a seal kit from audi for the S2 if you can give them a part number probably.

Standard Radial fit adapters for Brembos. all Porsche sourced Brembos and these have the same radial bore diameter.
fitment for you is dependant on what discs you run.

run the same discs as the S2 or whatever the kits come with and you could either have the adapters made or source them from the kit suppliers

blimey you have given me more info in one message then 4 companies in last 2 days have! love this site! the adapters i can source are fitment between porsche 996 and my hub, all hole dimensiosn and distances line up perfect just whether the pads will sit centre with the discs. the size of the disc is the issue, i dont know! for the b5 this kit runs 323mm discs, guess it will be trial and error problem is its an expensive trial and error.

It will run larger than 305mm it all depends on the hub mounting points, brackets and disc offset to get the setup right. Have you tried bolting them to the hubs with your exsiting disc just to get a sence of what size disc you need ?? Id say you will be looking at 330/335/345mm along them lines.

i have ordered a set which hopefully will fit, they are for the porsche 996 conversion but all dimensions and hole distances are the same so if the calipers i have wont fit ill just do the 996 conversion. thanks for all the help! picture of the calipers below.
IMG_0779.png

if I was doing it chose discs size you can find replace and afford.
get adapters and or caliper carriers made to work with YOUR application.

I had some lug mounted Brembos from a Porsche Gayenne and found some 360mm discs for the Phaeton which are cheap.
had some offset spacer/extender adapters made for about £50. saved me £700 on the kit price!
I sold them before fitting them and went B7 8pot instead!

If you interested - Ferodo DS2500 pads for this calliper are part; FCP1348H

Ferodo are an exellent pad IMO, the EDS ones are absolute ****e.

I tested them and they were huge, stuck out past wing by inch, on eBay now so looking at 996 calipers but struggling to find what discs to run, have read about doing cayenne calipers as they bolt straight to Audi a4 b6 hubs?? Anyone had any experience doing Porsche brake upgrades?