Lowered Suspension

duane

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a koni adjustable shock and H&R spring set up. Has anyone else tried this or can let me know what to expect. Modifications so far= AMD Remap,miltek cat back, bailey dv's, k&n induction kit, and rs6 reps.

That's a good setup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Consider Powerflex bushes all around too, it'll transform the car.

Do a search and you'll find more info...

Thanks for that! What suspension set up you running? By the way i'm not too far from you in leicester /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I was thinking of going to AMD to get the suspension done at a cost of approx £950 fitted thats without the powerflex bushes. Where would i get them from any idea? I'm not sure AMD do them! Also is that an Asda price or a harrods price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Thanks for the response m8. Sorry to hear about your car door,sounds like he got what was coming to him though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The powerflex guy (Andy C) your on about, is he based in cambridge? I think he posted to me the other day but i cant find the post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I'll pm you so i can get his details for a quote and then go from there. I wont be ready for a couple of months yet got to save the pennys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The reason i was going to go back to AMD was they have the rolling road to test the set up also they cpould make sure my remap and everything else was as it should be...... I'll try him still though,

Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]

Consider Powerflex bushes all around too, it'll transform the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Transform it how? The Powerflex kit for an A4 costs £151.50 + VAT. For £11 more I can get an Eibach anti roll bar kit. Which will give the greater benefit per pound?

I know it does sound expensive. I'm looking around first before i make my decision. Besides i got to save some more pennies aswell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif What ever i do get done though i'm sure it will make a difference compared to the standard suspension. From what i've been told it will transform the drive, just like my remap did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

oh it was just good fun!!! NOT as they can be a pain to get back in!

are you going to pop up on all my posts danny!! LOL...

time to hit the sxoc with some comments!!! :)

newbie question

I know the anti roll bar stiffens up the chassis

The springs control the compression and dampers control the returning back to normal of the spring

What are bushes for?

Wicked666,

They are the bits that join all the metal parts of the suspension to the chassis. They basically prevent metal on metal wear (since the suspension comprises moving parts and the chassis is rigid) and tackle the obvious issue of vibration between 'hard' components.

They are mostly rubber as standard and will have a great deal more movement than something like Powerflex which are Polyurethane (plastic!) which is why it is a very worthwhile upgrade. Firstly because they will reduce movement in the suspension components thereby helping the dampers etc. to perform to a higher percentage of their capability and secondly because they are less prone to perishing or wear than rubber.

Take a look at their website for more specific info and applications etc. - www.powerflex.co.uk

The FAQ page should answer any questions you may have relating to bushes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cheers

Tim

[ QUOTE ]
The springs control the compression and dampers control the returning back to normal of the spring

What are bushes for?

[/ QUOTE ]

And there was me thinking that the springs and dampers were to keep you out of the bushes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Guys,

I dont know what the main suspension bushes are like but the polyerthiene ARB bushes are a right pain in the **** and I cant stand the things. They creek like a an old bed and have to be lubed regularily especially if the car is driven hard. If not lubed correctly they can also make the suspension system worse as the ARB bushes can actually cause the springs to remain in the compressed state after cornering. If you look at some of my previous posts you will find some on problems about ARB's/Suspension. I am in no doubt that they work well in the first place it just depends on how much time you guys want to spend on maintenance. Me I just prefer the fit and forget mod as much as possible.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the bushes made far more of a difference than I can tell here.... its really....... very very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

an interesting evening fitting them too eh Andy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Does theat mean you had problems or he did a good job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It means poly bushes are a pain and we hadn't exactly planned to do them that day, left it a bit late starting but it was a giggle attacking Andys car with air tools and pry bars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif