How to remove the inlet manifold? 1.8

sssstew80

Reaction score
Hi All

Ive found i have the usual cracked crankcase breather elbow which it tucked tight in under the inlet manifold, so does anyone have a guide with pics maybe on how to remove the inlet manifold so i can fix this up?

Thanks
Stew

Fairly straight forward theres a support bracket on the block to manifold a few 10mm nuts at the head, intake pipe and throttle cable a few connectors iirc its a bit of a tight pull to get it out a bit of persuation helps. Was a while ago so may have missed some things cant remember if i left injectors and rail in or took them off the manifold.

Remove the fuel rail, throttle body, move the coolant res out of the way, unbolt the IM and slide it out.
Try get away without removing the coolant crossover pipe and emptying the coolant.

To work on the crankcase stuff, you might get away just removing the throttle body/throttle body hose and moving the coolant res out of the way.
I'm also going willing to guess but haven't confirmed, working on it from underneath might be easier than going through inlet removal...