Oil Low warning not going out.

Chriscooke

Clueless!
Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
The oil warning light on my QTS has come on. I checked the oil level which did look a little low so I have topped it up.

The problem being the light hasn't gone out. Do I have to reset this somehow or should it do it automatically?

I've noticed that the dipstick top mount has also become brittle and broken. I doubt this is related though :(

what colour light is it?

If its the level one, you'll need a new sender, it resides in the sump and requires the sump to be empty

It's yellow and has "min" on it iirc. Sounds like a pain in the *** to sort :( Is it a sump off job or does the sender simply screw in to the side of the sump?

if that doesnt fix it, check the plugs where the engine loom goes into the car, under the ecu box cover on the o/s of the plenum chamber. the're at the back, for signs of corroded terminals/high resistance.

happened to me 2 days ago mate, again mines seemed a little low, topped it up. mines never went out untill after 50 miles of driving. maybe give it a little time to see.....

Cheers guys :) It'll be a while before I replace the sensor as I have spent enough on it this month already and my other car is taking priority at the moment.

Hopefully mine does the same idoshiv2 :)

Hi All, what true level should this come on? Also, it's not mentioned at all in the manual, slightly odd.

Thanks everyone,

Ash

Dunno, but i've had main fairly low on the dipstick with no warning.

I'd imagine it'll come on once it drops below "min" on the dipstick, which is about a litre short.

Think that works as when I open it and shut it it clears the warning, just with full oil or near as damn it lol... From what I understand from the manual, the top of criss cross section in't max?

Didnt know about the bonnet switch thing, my bonnet switch is missing, so its good to know if the light ever does come on!