S4 Tuning, anti lag and launch control Other must have mods ....

Conorn

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm looking at getting a b5s4 and have a few questions

Who is the best tuner/ mapper to see ? mrc .....
What sorts price would you be looking at to have launch control and anti lag fitted
What sort of power could you except to see from a standard car with a remap ?

What other must have mods are there ... suspension Exhaust ?

Also what are the b5s like to work on ? easy to get on with and source parts.... Any really pain in the *** jobs that need doing ect

Thanks a lot hope to hear from you :)

Conor

There are quite a few good tuners out there for S4's, MRC are oft touted, but personally i'd recommend Viper Tuning or Rick at Unicorn.

Price for launch control/anti lag will presumably depend on what other work your having done. Rick at Unicorn is a sponsor on here so drop him a PM and ask!

I would imagine a stock car will see upto around 320-330hp. Really you want to sort out the downpipes and intercoolers though, and with those done and maybe an exhaust you can probably just about manage 350hp.

As for "must haves" i'd recommend you budget to replace every suspension bush on the car, because at best they're 11 years old and they'll all be knackered. On the front end the easiest approach is a full arm kit from the likes of Meyle. On the rear you can replace each bush.

Suspension upgrades are common place, and the Bilstein B12 setup is my personal favourite for road use.

Brakes will probably need looking at too if your hiking the power up. I suspect the best value option is the B6 S4 setup.

Also what are the b5s like to work on ? easy to get on with and source parts.... Any really pain in the *** jobs that need doing

all of them on the V6.
get used to pulling the engine out if you are doing the work yourself or get busy planning doing all the jobs at once when it is out.

suspect that if you follow through on what you are planning you will spend twice what you think it will cost.
suspension/bushes/arms as a minimum
brakes (obviously)

any hike in power to use launch will require an uprated clutch and flywheel. you will eat a dual mass flywheel and stock clutch in hours lauching with 300+

not sure why you would want antilag. suspect you mean a WOT box for flat gear changes. much more common on tuned daily drivers.
Anti lag is very expensive to do properly and can cause serious wear on components that will require you to pull the engine out (again) to replace them....

Theres been quite a few developments recently to allow the stock ECU to do both No-Lift-Shift so you dont loose boost over a gearchange, and anti-lag launch control where the car will build full boost on the line.

Pretty cool stuff!

my clutch gets enough abuse already!