S4 v E46 M3

duane

Reaction score
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gifWhat would my chances be against an E46 M3? I have a Uk 2000 model S4 with bailey DV's, K&N induction kit, Miltek cat back Exhaust, 18" RS6 reps, and the most important one i think, AMD ECU Remap. Before i fitted the K&N induction kit i was running 331BHP, so i should be somwhere between 340-350Bhp now i've been told? It's just that a friend of mine is getting an M3 and says he's gonna kick my ***, we'll see.......

My mate has an M3 97 'R' and although it is very quick and a better drivers car than the S4 i sill rekcon your chances.

The diffs on M3's lock to provoke driff which is excellent on a track but on a twisty B road I'd take an S4 any day.

OK so I won't be in the car with the best steering and brakes and will miss out on a real drivers car but at least I'll be safe in the knowledge that I've got all four wheels keeping me stuck to the road.

Kick the M3's ****, but make sure you do it when the roads are empty and safe. Remeber you have the audi Driver rep to uphold

The M3 my friend is getting will be on a 2001 plate so it's the newer model? I've already done the older model /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif So i just wondered what my chances would be against the more aggresive newer model??? I'm hoping he'll be looking at my rear end most of the time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Depends on the driver but straight line the M3 will own you but add a little water to the maths and hay presto your be kicking some ****.

You might also have the upper hand midrange with full boost.

Hey bisoneone, my S4 is the same spec as yours apart from the K&N induction kit. A few questions: has it made much of a difference to performance & sound? How much did you pay and where from? is it easy to fit?

Thanks mate, i was gonna stop spending on the $4 after my last visit to AMD but £131 is a fairly reasonable price to pay for the improved performance & accoustics.
By the way, like you i have a miltek cat back fitted. This has given me problem which i haven't been able to fix:
- after driving hard & raising the temp of the exhaust. i've noticed that it starts to 'knock' on the underside. I've put this down to the heat expanding the pipe but after a 2nd visit to AMD & a local garage to adjust/repostion the system it still happens. Is this something you've ever encountered?

I was going to stop spending also after my last upgrade,then i bought the induction kit !!! Now i'm thinking of suspension /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif, but that might have to wait a while..... As for the, exhaust i have never had any problem with it(touch wood). I know it expands with heat because my tail pipes stick out slightly further after a good drive-but no knocking noises!!! Could it be one the exhaust mount/brackets needs changing they could have a bit to much play in one of them? You may have to take it back to them to look at it again, it'll be worth it to get rid the noise. Make use of the life time warranty it comes with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif