Help with fitting SYMPHONY double-din head unit

excursion

Reaction score
Website
www.mwstewart.co.uk
Hi all

I've just purchased a symphony head unit with which I intend to repalce my current Concert unit. The Concert is the standard DIN height but a little bit wider.

The Symphony is a large double din affair, it is obvious I need to move the climate control unit down. I was just wondering If I can replace the face of my cliamte control unit with a part from Audi or do I have to get a complete new unit?

Basically just wondering if anyone can offer me any tips etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hmmmm!

I had the same idea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I guess it's not a straight swap? What about if the car has BOSE fitted? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Well mate,
the Symphony unit has arrived in the post - no going back now, it's beautiful. Lovely piece of Audi design!

My intentions are to fit the Navigation plus in it's place when I finish. I'm piecing together information as I go, and so far it seems we need a different climate control (HVAC) unit and different internal bracing for the centre console.

If I can't locate the parts from a breakers I will see what Martyn @ Vagparts will do them for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif