Problem with Goodridge Hoses

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
Never straight forward is it!.
I got some Goodridge braided hoses to go on but they went back in the box in disgust pretty quick. I went to do the rears first and noticed the goodridge ones supplied for the car 'Audi A4 quattro saloon 05/96 - 01/01 part no AU0520-6C-CF have banjo fittings and my car doesn't have banjo's. The seller don't really want to know because as far as he's concerned they are the right ones as supplied by Goodridge.
Am I right in thinking these are for A4's earlier than 2000? Has anyone come accross this before? I'm sure they must have, unless I have the wrong lines in the box??
Cheers
Si.

Where did you get them from you got a link so i dont come across the same problem !

Any one used black dismond lines ???

I got them from Home - Amber Performance
The thing is Bradderz mate, it even states the same info on the inner bag. The more I think about this, the more I'm inclined to think this is a Goodridge problem with the years stated. I'm sure there was a change of callipers at some point. If I don't get any useful info here I may have to ring Goodridge and see what they say...

Just to add... they all look a bit long too, especially those two short 'link' ones (whatever they are called) at the back.

Call goodridge, they'll sort you replacement hoses for the rear calipers.

The little rear hoses are odd things, you need to put a slight corkscrew type twist into the hose to get it to sit nicely, otherwise it kinks out to the side.

Do you think they will Kev? Did you have the same issue then mate? Is there anyone in particular I should be asking to speak to?

I didnt, but i've read about similar issues on FWD cars some time ago on this forum, and the person called goodridge and they sent out the correct hoses for nowt.

If you get nowhere then just return the whole set, and buy from HEL.

Well this has got a little tricky now. I spoke to Amber performance and they said its the kit Goddridge suppy for the car so can't help. So I called Goodridge and spoke to Martin taylor (sales manager) and he was very helpful but says they have no records of any complaints on previous kits sold and no alternative configuration.
He has agreed to change the rear lines BUT needs to know what I want making up. He needs total end to end length and what size the fitting is on caliper end of hose. Can anyone help on these specs??
He also wants info on model year changes for our cars so they can make an alternative kit. So what year did our car change from banjo's etc?

My brother baught a kit for his S4 from goodridge and it fitted perfectly.

Ask him to see what specs he has for the S4 rear hoses, as they should be the same as A4 quattros?

They should have Male M10x1 on one end and Female M10x1 on the other for the rear caliper hose.

No B5 quattro uses banjos, they're all the same, and the same as the S4 too.

Where did you get them from you got a link so i dont come across the same problem !

Any one used black dismond lines ???

I actually have black diamond hoses on my rear frame.
When I did the rear subframe rebuild I used some Black Diamond hones meant for a Mk2 Golf Gti to replace the stubby bits from subframe to rear wishbone and also two solid bits that got mashed.

worked out OK!

That was me.LOL

I didnt, but i've read about similar issues on FWD cars some time ago on this forum, and the person called goodridge and they sent out the correct hoses for nowt.

If you get nowhere then just return the whole set, and buy from HEL.

aragorn said:
No B5 quattro uses banjos, they're all the same, and the same as the S4 too.
I'm totally baffled and so is Martin at Goodridge. They've sold loads of these kits and he assures me there's never been problems but how can this be if the kit is sold with rear lines that have banjo's???? I've sent him a long mail about the whole affair and a link to this thread so he can see the comments. I went out and measured the length of the replacement pipes I need and they are around 23cm and I measured the short link pipes from wishbone to subframe while I was at it and they are around 17cm where as the Goodridge kit lengths are at around 33.5cm. Something is seriously messed up somewhere....
I must say that so far Goodridge customer service is superb and I'm confident that Martin will get to the bottom of this. If anyone has any more info that can be given to Martin on this issue I'm sure it will be gratefully taken on board.

I'm totally baffled and so is Martin at Goodridge. They've sold loads of these kits and he assures me there's never been problems but how can this be if the kit is sold with rear lines that have banjo's???? I've sent him a long mail about the whole affair and a link to this thread so he can see the comments. I went out and measured the length of the replacement pipes I need and they are around 23cm and I measured the short link pipes from wishbone to subframe while I was at it and they are around 17cm where as the Goodridge kit lengths are at around 33.5cm. Something is seriously messed up somewhere....
I must say that so far Goodridge customer service is superb and I'm confident that Martin will get to the bottom of this. If anyone has any more info that can be given to Martin on this issue I'm sure it will be gratefully taken on board.

I should have some hoses off the car i can measure if you want some exact figures.

I can assure you that NO B5 A4 quattro uses banjos, they all use the same steel caliper, with the direct threaded M10 fitting. ETKA says its 215mm long from caliper to wishbone, and 160mm from wishbone to subframe, but that may not include the end fittings.

They clearly have the correct hose on their files somewhere, as their S4 kit was more or less correct.

Cheers Kev, That's a massive help as always pal. Those measurements seem pretty much to confirm what I measured on the car last night. I've asked for 2 off M10x1 female to M10x1 male @ 23cm and I'm now slightly concerned about the shorter link 'pipes' as the ones in the kit seem twice as long as required @ 33.5cm when they only need to be 16 or 17cm so I've asked about the possibility of changing these as well.

yeh 33cm is far too long lol.

They sound like front hoses at that length?

Have you asked them specifically to compare the A4 and S4 hoses? As the kits should be identical.

if the length worked out ok would it not be easier to use banjos? just need the M10 banjo bolt and some copper washers.

I have goodridge motorsport hoses with strippable fittings and those and banjo fittings are infinitely easier to fit/remove as they move independent of the hose (unlike black diamond which you have to pre twist to tighten without a kink!)

I see what you are saying but the banjo's on the goodridge lines are M12 anyway so that's a no go as well.

aragorn said:
yeah 33cm is far too long lol.
They sound like front hoses at that length?
I know mate yeah but they can't be because they have a female at each end. All in all this kit couldn't be much more wrong, it's like they are for a completely different make of car lol
No email back from them today...

Last edited:
Ok oops! I never even bothered with looking at the fronts. Are the short pipes male to female or female to female?? So then the only two left in the bag that are male to female are 32cm long so still wrong! I'm going to give Goodridge a few days to get back to me and if I don't hear from them I'm going to jack it all in and get my cash back. I can't be doing with the hassle of this, it's starting to fry my brain slightly!

Found my email to HEL when i had my problems:

Front: ~330mm with 2x Female ends
Rear-Subframe to Wishbone: ~190mm with 2x Female ends
Rear-Wishbone to Caliper: ~255mm with 1x Male and 1x Female ends

These measurements where the full length of the hose, including end fittings.

Right, here's what I have in the kit, all tip to tip measurements.......

2x 330mm female to female
2x 320mm male to female
2x 260mm female to banjo

So... if the 330mm fem to fem is front then the 320mm male to fem must be rear caliper (although a bit long) Soooo, the shorter 260mm with the banjo must be intended for the wishbone to subframe link.
********! it seems I'm a bit of a tit then and I've asked for the wrong replacements *groan*
Whats thrown me off here is the lengths. Because I went to fit the rears first, the ones with the banjo's looked the right length for the calipers and the only ones with two females I assumed were supposed to be for the links!
Think I better call Goodridge again tomorrow and try to explain :slapped:

the 260mm hose is intended for the caliper, its just got the wrong end on it...

320mm hose is just completely wrong.

Seriously, ask them to compare notes with the B5 S4 kit, as i've used one of those myself and it was right.

Did you get sorted pal as ive just ordered mine and sent him the info through of the lenghts and fittings that aragorn posted and they said they have both banjo fittings and screw type available so goodridge may be the cause, i hope mine come right first time as i hate ebay hassle and also got 2 litres of ATE super blue as part of the package !!

I have a complete new free of charge kit here and was going to update the thread once I had them fitted but not got round to fitting yet. They were made to the measurements above and they all seem correct so I see no reason they won't fit. Martin at Goodridge showed superb customer service in this matter and I have nothing but praise for them.
The new kit part number given for the kit is...ZZMT-A4SALOON and is marked as Audi A4 quattro Saloon 2000 on. He said they would retail at £95 direct from them which is a bit dear I think.
I still have the original kit which I can't shift as it's pretty much good for nowt.

Quick update to conclude this... I can confirm that these hoses fit a treat and give an awesome feel with new discs and pads too. All the brake upgrade I need :yum:
A big thanks to all who helped me out here lads, especially to Kev for the measurements and pointing out my dumbness at times :)

Good to here mine are currently on order with goodridge from qps through ebay with 2 litres of ate super blue sent them the measurements from here so there was no confusion and they was aware that there was problems with them ordered them on the 3rd and they still havent recieved them from goodridge hope they come soon as im away in 10 days if they dont it will be one good thing to look forward to getting home rather than worrying about the ****e weather lol

Let us know how you get on pal. if you've still not had them, give Goodridge a call and ask to speak to Martin Taylor, I found him extremely helpful and efficient