No temperature on gauge (dead sensor)?

jcb

Reaction score
If it is dead and has been driven like this is that a problem?
it seems very hot but the 2nd fan isnt kicking in

Whats it reading on the hvac ?? Mine displays 30 every now and then when it drops off and also reads 30'c from cold so presuming its the sensor.

no reading , needle is unmoved
(by HVAC I assume you mean gauge?)

No a/c control if you press recirc and the up button for vent distribution then go to 49 then press recirc it will give you the actual temperature in digits.

they want £33 for a new one!!
eBay have then for £7. is that a disaster waiting to happen!?

TPS are selling stuff at Audi dealer prices.

saw those. and some febi ones.

TBH I do not want this to turn into a money pit

if the sensor was goosed why would it run hot?
I assumed it would run cool if anything as I expected the fan to be on permanently.
Also done a full scan in VAG and no code for ECT sensor....strange?

No code here niether aslong as the stat is working and the viscous fan is running id say your ok the electric fan is there as a back up and when the A/C is switched on iirc

so its not the sensor or it is the sensor but not an issue to run it like that?

Sensor for the fan is totally unrelated to the sensor for the dash.

The CTS on the back of the head supplies a signal for the guage and a signal for the ECU. If this is faulty you'll have **** economy and probably dodgy emissions as it'll run rich all the time.

The electric fan is controlled by a 4 pin sensor in the bottom radiator hose, and/or the Aircon controller. The viscous fan should run all the time. If you switch the AC on and the electric fan doesnt start then its faulty/broken/unplugged/blown its fuse...

Is this the TQS your on about, or something else?

i didnt get a book with my car how do u put the aircon on iv a funny feeling its not working and were abouts is the sensor in the ingine bay,chees

Facelift or Prefacelift?

Facelift runs the AC all the time unless its below 5c or you press the ECON button.

Prefacelift has a "frost" symbol on the climate unit to turn on the AC.

Yeah i couldnt sus that one when i got it so i make sure the econ button is lit up all the time.