Sunday Drive(rs)

aragorn

"Stick a V8 in it!"
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So i won a S4 bumper on ebay, and decided to drive over and collect it rather than risking the postal service for what was described as a recently painted excellent condition bumper.

A quick look on google maps before we left uncovered two routes:

Quickest:
Cleveleys, Lancashire, UK to Billinghay LN4 4ET, UK - Google Maps

Shortest:
Cleveleys, Lancashire, UK to Billinghay LN4 4ET, UK - Google Maps

I figured that it was only 8mins different, so i'd take the scenic route thru the peaks and enjoy the nice roads and scenery.

FAIL.

What i didnt realise, is that said scenic route requires you to leave the M60 and drive thru various small towns and villages at 30mph with it jammed solid with people and about 4 thousand sets of traffic lights. Then, when you finally get to the nice countryside roads after an eternity of crappy town driving, you discover that almost the entire length of road has been turned into a 50 limit, by some retarded pen pushing council morons. Not only that its so fecking busy that you cant even overtake people, so instead your stuck dribbling along at 45mph (or less) on beautiful roads that you could happily drive down at 60+.

To further improve my mood, they've got these ridiculous patronising signs every 4 feet saying "SPEED KILLS. Its 50 for a REASON!" as well as 4 million speed cameras and/or possible mobile van locations, obviously placed on any straight you happen across (because those are dangerous you know!), so you cant even nip past some muppet doing 40 for fear of some talivan hiding down the road.

It took us 4 hours to do the 150miles from here to the guys house, needless to say the return journey on the M1/M62 took a meer 3 hours, and its a 20mile longer route.

To finish off the day nicely, i seem to have managed to kill the clutch off, having had it slip a few times when giving it the beans, the gearbox seems to have started whining, oh and the paint job on the bumper looks like it was performed by a blind monkey dancing around with a spray gun...

:scared2:

Ah....the joys of motoring Kev! lol

Least you can drive yours, im getting sick of looking at mines doing nowt!

What was the deal on the S4 bumper, much? Was it the right colour for yours anyway, or were u having it painted aswell?

Cost me £285, but it was the right color, hence trekking across the country as i didnt want to risk it getting scraped up by a courier.

They've painted it without properly filling all the stone chips and whatnot, even painted over the remains of the sticky pads used to secure the number plate ***!