Wind/road noise

tangerinedream

Reaction score
Anyone got any tricks to reduce noise from either wind or road , mine seems to be getting louder but i cant feel any wind around seals??

Mine s the same seams as though its coming from the left hand side of windscreen where the pollen filter is its got a rac windscreen in but cant see it being the sealing of it as there is no water ingress checked pollen filter and all seems correctly seated.

I got the same on my drivers side, right above my ear.
really annoying.

I'm going to adjust my door again and see what happens.
If adjusting the main door don't help, I'll just adjust the window frame to push in a bit at the top.

Think mines been like it since rhe respray just to much adjustment on the doors and window frame lol need two people to hold door while adjust really annoying thou

I think it'll be the window frame/door alignment. The rubber door seals also seem to lose their spring when they get old, so they sort of flatten down.

I think i may have foumd a pro lem with mine , i appear to be missing the rubber seals that push into the top channel on the door seal basically have door seal but not the bit above it , i tried to steal them from a breakers but couldnt remove without damaging :( im also struggling to find o,e part no on etka can anyone help??

I will get one up tonight , hard to explain but if u open door i just have a metal channel rivited to top of door opening whereas you will have a rubber seal?

IMAG0414.jpg

IMAG0415.jpg

First pic on body of car notthedoor itself its the top seal that runs the lenth of both doors goes behind b pillar

Something like that yh lol got the channel riveted to body but im missing the actual black seal bit

It had to be taken off when respayed bloke obviosly put new gutter in but maybe disnt want to fork out for the seal who knows? Im struggling to find o.e number on etka so if any one can help?

Try rubbing some silicone grease into the seals, it rejuvenates the rubber and makes it more flexible - I've just done the wife's car as part of the 10,000 mile service. If you are really keen, see if you can get some 'icex' - this is excellent for keeping rubber supple, although I suspect it is VERY expensive as we use it at work :thumbsup:

just a quick question, how do you adjust the window frame (as my passenger door is ok) but the top corner of the door has a wind noise when driving.

Try rubbing some silicone grease into the seals, it rejuvenates the rubber and makes it more flexible - I've just done the wife's car as part of the 10,000 mile service. If you are really keen, see if you can get some 'icex' - this is excellent for keeping rubber supple, although I suspect it is VERY expensive as we use it at work :thumbsup:

Not a bad idea.
Not thought about treating the rubber.
Worth looking in to I think.

just a quick question, how do you adjust the window frame (as my passenger door is ok) but the top corner of the door has a wind noise when driving.

Take the door card off and there is 4 torx bolts, 2 on each side that adjusts the window frame.

Can you adjust the window frame i thought they had fixed holes when i was putting my car back togeter but may be wrong?

Thanks aragon bit this is the dilema lol i think its 24 but ill habe to pop into a dealer see if they have more details