Power Steering Fluid

JHLim

Reaction score
me too thinks the boxster is dubbed the "poor man's porsche". particularly I don't like that it has no "fat ****"/curves like the 911, it's just a straight line from front to boot. the boxster-S offers low value for money (bhp-wise)...

I'm not so much into Porsches (yet ?), and as well I think: as long as I can't afford a real one (for "real" I consider the 4 / 4S / turbo, the GT2/3 are a bit too "stripped" for my tastes) I'll stay with the M3, and definitely will have a closer look at the E60 M5 or M6.

it's true: every time I get in the car, the grinning comes over me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile2.gif and stays there until I get out of the car. I just feel good when in the car, no matter what happens outside /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

I love the front of the Boxster - but that's because it look s almost identical to the 996. But the profile is all a bit - "which way is it going?" for me.

I know what you mean about the GT3 / GT2 being a bit raw - hence the reason I'd need to keep the M3. I love toys. Yes as a purist drivers car they are highly rated, and rightly so. But can you watch The Weakest Link with a warm **** in one.......no.

Have spoken to my dealer about the MZ4 - and if it ever appears I reckon it'll look the nuts (the current Z4 is so neeearly there looks wise). As my mates would say it just need to TTFU a bit. (Toughen the f*ck up). Performance should be 'kin ace - the 3.0l isn't too bad at the mo' - and you can get all the toys that BM have to offer. Just hope they get it right and remove any elements of hairdresser.......

Anyway, there's always the new shape M3....if it aint broke...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Funny thing is sitting behind the wheel in a boxster it's almost identical to the dash in the 996TT they use almost the same kit in both cars.

M3 Cab's great more instant fun, more powerful, cabin is nicer, but as you say the Boxster's got the "better" chassis it's a more subtle drive and has a bit more depth to the handling.

Rock music vs classical each is good in a different way

I really like the lines avoids the hump of the 996 cab

My wife's one

NewPorsche099a.jpg

We're just way too inline on posting today jfb !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Having had both a Boxster (2.7) and the C4S previous to the M3, I think the key thing is they are very different beasts.

I always like a built for purpose car, the Boxster, while not the most powerful beastie, is an exemplary drivers machine, turn in, braking, all really well balanced and frankly just plain fun. I have always struggled with this notion of it being the poor mans Porsche, they are just different, the price point just means greater accessibility. FWIW, I preferred the handling of the Boxster to the C4S in some respects, a bit more lively, with more feel.... but... the current model line does have a CR#P interior. Thats not up for debate.

The C4S is just, well, words fail me, drive one is all I can say.... :) As I said on another thread the grip is just out of this world. The engine pulls so well through the rev range, and the braking scares you that someone will rear end you! :) It was a dream I had and fulfilled. Would I go back... maybe... but cost of ownership was high, and frankly, you can get the same grins for less $$$. Same dash (even if leather covered) and switchgear as a Boxster tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/em_sad.gif

Now the M3... fit and finish excellent, handling excellent, so much fun! Feels like more of a kick in the lower back when flooring it... I just wanted a performance cab... and bang for buck I really can't fault the M3... but it doesn't give you that ownership glow the C4S does...

Guess I am just a lucky boy !

MJ

I think the one redeeming feature of the Boxster is its chassis which is one of the best balanced available. Could do with more power though which is why RUF have stuck the 911 engine in it which would make for an interesting ride. Bit expensive though!!

Mmmmm..... RUF 3600S, now your talking.....

would be a nightmare to sell tho when you had finished with it! Who the h#ll do you sell a secondhand £65K Boxster to! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

And with my propensity to consume cars, that would be a worry...

MJ

I'm afraid I'm still not enamoured with the Boxsters ****.

And I still can't decide whether I like the 911 cabs - look great with a hard top.

Anyway...here's one for you.

Money no object (I WISH!!) - Lambo Murky Roadster, 360 Spider, 996 Turbo Convertible...which and why?

[ QUOTE ]
me too thinks the boxster is dubbed the "poor man's porsche". particularly I don't like that it has no "fat ****"/curves like the 911, it's just a straight line from front to boot. the boxster-S offers low value for money (bhp-wise)...

I'm not so much into Porsches (yet ?), and as well I think: as long as I can't afford a real one (for "real" I consider the 4 / 4S / turbo, the GT2/3 are a bit too "stripped" for my tastes) I'll stay with the M3, and definitely will have a closer look at the E60 M5 or M6.

it's true: every time I get in the car, the grinning comes over me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile2.gif and stays there until I get out of the car. I just feel good when in the car, no matter what happens outside /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean about the curves.. I've uploaded pics of my 4S to my gallery if anyones interested..

I'm just checking all the levels before next weekend's trip to Scotland, & the power steering fluid level is close to the "MIN" than it is to the "MAX".

Can I use any proprietory fluid from Halfords or similar, or so I need to use a particular "Audi-approved" one?

Amm...you might want to check for leaks...I've had a couple of friends + myself run out of steering fluid...and it aint pretty!

Also Slick 50 makes a good fluid that stops small leaks (or at least claims to)