S4 Clocks on an A4 B5.5

Inertiauk

Reaction score
Website
www.yourlocalcomputerguy.co.uk
Hi,

As the title suggest I wondered if S4 clocks (98-00) will fit my B5.5 A4 2.8 Quattro (2000)

My DIS is knackered and there are some cheap S4 clocks available and the are a bit nicer looking, might be worth upgrading rather than getting mine repaired.

I understand they will need coding to the car but I know someone who does that on Mk4 Golfs, so I presume the process will be the same, he's looked at my clocks and mine are VDO not earlier clocks which he cant work with.

Thanks.
Mark

If the s4 has digital clock just like your a4 then i don't see why not. For some reason the later immo3 will work on immo2 cars but not the other way round but sometimes the immo light will stay on. Some folks do away by blanking the light with tape...If the s4 dash is cheap then give it a try...

Wont work if the clocks arent the same, the wiring is different.

If your car has a digital clock, you'll need to use a digital clock S4 cluster to replace it.

If your car has an analog clock, you'll need to use an analog S4 cluster.

You could get into rewiring, but its not streight forward, and requires you to change the sump pan to one with a sensor amongst other things.