Operation Death To DRL on 97 A4 B5......Fail.

king84

Spartacus
Reaction score
So..... after researching into how to disable the Daytime Running Lights feature on my 97 Quattro, I had the pleasure in discovering the relay switch that i was suppose to deal with (#204 or #209) had two more of the same one, so instead of just one 204 I found three. Tried putting in a jumper as instructed... BUT... None of them had anything to do with the DRL. I figured out which one it was by turning the key. Once the headlights turned on, you can hear a click sound from a relay. I didn't expect the DRL to be connected into #387.

Can ANYONE HELP!!!!????

photo11.jpg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ETKA shows part number 8D0 951 293 A or 443 951 293 A to be the DRL relay, but doesnt say what position its in unfortunately.
[/FONT]Could check the relays you have to see if you can find one with that part number on it?

UPDATE on past failed OPERATION DEATH TO DRL......... Looking back to the prior pic........ I forgot to investigate the red cable that wasn't routed together with all the other wires..... well....... [look below] \/

14F4C168.jpg

That was the culprit. The wiring job wasn't professional and they tried splicing it. All I had to do was cut it and unbolt the other end.....and BAM... No more DRL's. So...... Operation Death To DRL was a success........a few weeks later.