LCD dead or not?

smoking_bob

Reaction score
hi all,

well after a disaster of a weekend because i burnt the seat :( , it got worse as the LCD seems to have given up the ghost. but i did just want to check as the Yellow/top part is still working. the red part will not come on, Is it possibly a fuse or am i looking at replacing it?

Also any ideas on how to get hold of some blue alcantara. i wont be replacing the seat, but i will attempt a fix. Is there any spare on any of the seats, underneath them or anywhere?

Thanks,

Bob

Sounds like you've turned it off. Press the reset button on the stalk to turn it back on.

Reactions: BigAdy
Hi Aragorn,

sorry about the delay in getting abck to you! been a mental few weeks. No the reset button wont work? So i suppose it's either faulty or a fuse! Any way of telling for sure?

thanks in advance,

Rob

Hi,

ok, so after realizing i could run the self diags, the red part of the LCD is fine, it runs the self disgs. So i assume the problem in on the stalk. the reset button is dead, or a broken wire. Looks like the steering wheel must come off to have a look see. Anyone ever replace the stalk before!

Thanks,

Rob

Hi I changed my indicator stalk the other week it's really easy.
1st disconnect the battery then take airbag of, two hex screws at the back I think it was, than you need to take the nut of in the centre behind the air bag, then pull wheel forward, don't pull to hard though as there is a wire from wheel to the stalks then you need to take the black plastic surround of to access the stalks, now you can access all the stalks, the whole stalk unit pulls forward just enough to get the stalks out. I'll try and find a link with pics for you