Soft Touch Boot Switch

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
Yet another little problem to pick your brains with chaps.
One of the micro switches on the boot lid has failed closed circuit (although it still clicks when pressed) so it cycles the boot lock constantly untill I disconnected it.
My question is... Is there a separate part number for these micro switches or does it come as part of the button assembly? It's only a small micro switch and I'm sure there must be an suitable switch available from Maplins or such like. Anyone ever replaced one of these before??
Cheers for reading :)
Si.

i got the full part for 38 quid from audi

I managed to repair this in the end with a microswitch from an old computer mouse. It was a real BIG pain to do but it works. I'd never try it again though, so much easier to just get a new one lol

Ive just semi repaired this on my A3.
Basicly the washer jet had proken inside the wiper moter, and water had corroded the switches. One side still works, so i just removed and insulated the other sides wires untill I get around to replacing it. You might find only one of them is causing problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it was just the off side one. It was disconnected for about a year before I got round to fixing it! Hehehe