Help with fitting vent gauge

Reaction score
Hi all i have a gauge to fit in eiither my centre vent or drivers side one.

I dont mind which one it goes in just whichever is easier.

I was wondering how everyone who has done this has fed the boost hose through from the bulkhead to inside the vent?

I had a look yesterday evening and it is looking petty tricky.

Cheers,
Paul.

Would love to help mate - but this kind of thing is out of my league...... I would normally have a go at most things (DIY), but the car, I tend to leave it to the experts.... sorry Soupie...

I used an existing grommet in the bulkhead which is slightly off centre towards the nearside. Will take a pic when I get a chance. If you wanted to have the gauge on the drivers side rather than central you could use the grommet in the front of the ECU cover and then through the bulkhead. I used this grommet to run my power cable for my amp.

I took out my whole centre console so i could easily just move the wire about as mine does not use a hose but a set of sensors as it is micro prosessor based.

picture00031.jpg

Paul,

I actually did a little write up about a year ago on how to fit a boost gauge in the center air vent. Try finding it and it will give you a good idea how to go about fitting the gauge. Unfortunately no pics but its quite straight forward.

nice one, i was curious about this myself, on AWE site it says it can be put in the vent and vent still operate,

have you done that or put a blank panel in?

Dummi,

The vent will operate, however to put the gauge in the middle vent you will get the following:-

a) air constantly comming out of the vent to the right of it

b) none out of the centre one with boost gauge (obviously)

c) full control to the one on the left

N.B. I am refering to the central vent unit which contains 3 individual vents in the center of the dash if anyone else is wondering.

The three vents in the centre of the dash are only controlled by two flapper plates on the rear of the unit itself. When you fit the boost gauge in the middle vent of the three you have to remove the flapper (molded plastic) plate from the rear of the vent assembly which allows air into the centre and right hand vent. (Dont worry when you have a play you will see exactly what I mean). With the left hand vent left totaly untouched and fully operational.

Happy playing guys. I must say that if you are thinking of playing with different turbo's & N75's you have to have one or you will end up doing some damage. A great safety feature for £180, a good diagnostic tool and it actually looks great particularily in the night as the gauge is the same red light as the rest of my dash.

just picked up some vents from the scrappy will cut 'em ad see how theylook with the guage

how have you mounted it?

just wondering generally would there be a problem with the heat from the vent effecting the guage readings, especially a mechanical, thinking of getting some rubber boots for mine.