Transverse VS Longitudinal K04 Hybrid

slepy

Extremely smart and handsome person.
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Looking at all the A3's, Leons etc that run over (or could run) 300bhp on a K04 Hybrid.
Is it possible to achieve similar power in A4? Are there any hybrids like the ones for Transverse?

I reckon you could tune a loba or frankenturbo to run 300hp at a push but that would be the limit anything higher and your talking ATP elimator or custom gt28 setup !!

Looking at most of people who run over 300bhp they still change inlet, ex. mani, downpipe, exhaust, injectors and add FMIC. They also need to stick some rods in. Looking at overall price of all these components it wouldn't be far of sticking a gt28x from 034?

You'd still need all those add ons with Elim.

The hotside is the limiting factor on ours, even on my elim it's far too restrictive to be capable of large power.

Still If i can manage 300 BHP i'll be happy as that will be mapped s4 beating territory (power to weight)

The FT isnt big enough for 300hp IMO.

I think that 300hp might be possible, but you'd need to convert to using an S3 compressor housing, and use a 2280 or 2283 ETT wheel, like Bills K03+ hybrid.

As you've pointed out, you still need all the right bolt ons, You need a decent exhaust, preferably 3" from the turbo back. You need a FMIC, injectors, maf etc.

The cost of the turbo is the only real difference between a GT28RS when you draw it all out, but i think the more important thing to consider is that with the hybrid approach, you can do it all in stages over time, then fit the turbo at the end once everything else is in place.

Whereas going GT28RS means you basically need to do everything at once.

Yeah I think that splashing for everything at once is the main issue with Garrett turbo.
Well, I will have to look into it later.
Thanks for your replies Gents.

Guys just one more thing.
What engine code should TQS have?
And are they small or largeport heads?