Sky InsuranceEM Tuning

Thread: Quattro gearbox

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Status

Quattro gearbox

Had the car in over weekend to do the fuel filter (which was date stamped 12.05.99 so never been replaced lol) and noticed that where the prop bolts to the gearbox there was signs of an oil leak, is there a seal behind the prop flange and has anyone ever replaced one and what they like to do ?? As I'd rather do it then just top up the gearbox.
    1999 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport - Volcano Black

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    76 views and not one peep, I can't seem to find out on etka all there looks to be is a slip ring or snap washer of some sort ??

Any one have a part number or with better knowledge of etka point me in the right section !

Mods - Frankenturbo F21 Kit - 3" MAF - Saab Reds - THS Decat - Non Res Milltek - ECS Crank Pulley - 034 Snub + Bracket/Gbox Mounts - 1Z/S2 Clutch + Flywheel - 007p - ICM + EVAP Delete - PFR6Q Plugs - S4 B6 345mm Brakes - 300mm Rear Brakes - Goodridge Hoses - LCR Splitter -S4 Bumbers + Skirts/Mouldings - OEM Xenons - Apikol Diff mounts - Polytek'd Rear Diff Mount
    To do/planned -Eibach pro's - GT2871/76R + FMIC + ME7 (maybe) + Engine/stroker Build

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    I think it's a normal type seal. KEVIN ? I've Put a call into tech support.... Lol

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    illustration 409-90

Its listed under centre differential, because thats what the output shaft connects to

Seal is there part number 01A 409 400 B, around 6 quid.

I'm not sure if the drive flange is pressed in though. Looking at it, theres a circlip (5), i suspect you'll need to remove the rear diff housing from the car, find some sort of access and remove said circlip which should allow you to extract the flange and you can then get at the seal.

It may mean dismantling the whole centre diff from its housing.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Status
    cheers kev i must of missed that section lol

either way it works i like stripping gearboxes as i get most of the gearbox strip jobs at work so it will be some fun doing it lol