Quattro gearbox

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Had the car in over weekend to do the fuel filter (which was date stamped 12.05.99 so never been replaced lol) and noticed that where the prop bolts to the gearbox there was signs of an oil leak, is there a seal behind the prop flange and has anyone ever replaced one and what they like to do ?? As I'd rather do it then just top up the gearbox.

76 views and not one peep, I can't seem to find out on etka all there looks to be is a slip ring or snap washer of some sort ??

Any one have a part number or with better knowledge of etka point me in the right section !

illustration 409-90

Its listed under centre differential, because thats what the output shaft connects to ;)

Seal is there part number 01A 409 400 B, around 6 quid.

I'm not sure if the drive flange is pressed in though. Looking at it, theres a circlip (5), i suspect you'll need to remove the rear diff housing from the car, find some sort of access and remove said circlip which should allow you to extract the flange and you can then get at the seal.

It may mean dismantling the whole centre diff from its housing.

cheers kev i must of missed that section lol

either way it works i like stripping gearboxes as i get most of the gearbox strip jobs at work so it will be some fun doing it lol