Problem since fitting K04.

Reaction score
Some may know but i have had a problem with my car since fitting a new turbo.

But for those who dont know, my car when on full throttle (i.e underload) between 2k and 3.5k revs the car boosts up and looses boost on and off. Its very annoying.

I have called Star performance and they think my car needs a remap as its still on my K03s remap.
However AmD think the MAF is needing replace.

I have this evening unplugged the MAF (the plug on the top of the airbox with the rubber cover) and the revs dropped then settled at the normal level.

I took the car for a spin and the car pulled without the problem but nowhere nearly as strongly as before.
I then plugged it back in and the problem returned but the car was about twice as fast above 3.5K revs.

I am not sure if the MAF is now the problem because it may be some thing else which only fails when the car is under a lot of pressure.

Any feedback would be fantastic as this problem is really annoying.

Thanks,
Paul.

have you had a remap??

if not then the ecu is probably fighting the extra boost pressure or its out of range...

the MAF might be faulty or just not able to understand the boost... or extra flow..

get a propper diagnostic test done with the correct flow rates measured for the MAF

Andy
GDI

The only remap i had was a few months ago and was for a K03s.

A proper diagnostic, is that like a vag.com test?

Thanks v. much for your help.

Paul.