S4 B5 front bumper Q

adidasandy

Reaction score
Where the spot/ drivers lamps are in the front bumper, does that part of the bumper come out, there are 3 mesh grilles 1 either side with the spot lamps and 1 large 1 in the middle. I'm having issues with my N/S H/L washer and would like to know if these grilles can be removed and if so how?
Appoligies if this sounds a little backward but Jager bombs don't go down to well with forums lol.

Thanks in advance Andy

Last edited:
I think they are just a clip in jobbie, otherwise you wouldn't be able to get to the bolts that hold the front bumper reinforcing bar onto the car.

Failing that, just take the bumper off...

Reactions: adidasandy
They just pull out Andy. Pull the side closest to the centre and it will come. I dont think there is much access to the headlight washer though. Much easier to take the whole bumper off

Thanks for the info chaps, washer is leaking really bad so previous owner disconnected it and placed a bung in pipe. Got to have it working really as I'm sad like that.

Andy

Lee T = Your right buddy, theres very little access to the H/L washer so the bumper will hve to come off but not just yet as I'm toying with the idea of a CX Racing FMIC so rather kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Andy

bumper is easy to take off buddy, its 4 torx 2 either side of the bumper in the arch, when you take the mesh off just inside on top there is a alian key either side think its a 6ml. nice easy bumper to remove.

'Easy' is relative! I've found the big long allen bolts going into the crash bumpers can be very fecking stiff. Even managed to sheer off a hex bit in one of them once!

Thanks for the tip guys, sound's like a nice job on a hot summers afternoon whilst drinking a few tins with a barbee on the go. Who the hell am I kidding but you got to dream though eh lol.
Andy

'Easy' is relative! I've found the big long allen bolts going into the crash bumpers can be very fecking stiff. Even managed to sheer off a hex bit in one of them once!

wd40? easy oil? rite size hex? lol, i do agree mine were stiff but wasnt the end of the world

Thanks for the tip guys, sound's like a nice job on a hot summers afternoon whilst drinking a few tins with a barbee on the go. Who the hell am I kidding but you got to dream though eh lol.
Andy
Ive been laid in the snow doing mine :(

Bumper-off job.

When you do get the bumper off, make sure you don't pull it off too far without disconnecting the fogs and washer pipes first (though I'm sure your washers will already be disconnected).