Interior Door Handle Problem

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
This morning, as I was opening the door, there was sharp pinging noise, & the interior door handle went slightly loose. I removed the card, & the culprit is the little tension spring on the door handle spindle. It has snapped. The handle still works fine, but it doesn't return smoothly, & it rattles a bit.

Does any one know if this spring can be replaced by dismantling & re-assembling the handle assembly, or would it be easier to just change the handle assembly in one go?

If it's a case of changing the handle assembly, has anyone out there got one?

[ QUOTE ]
This morning, as I was opening the door, there was sharp pinging noise, & the interior door handle went slightly loose. I removed the card, & the culprit is the little tension spring on the door handle spindle. It has snapped. The handle still works fine, but it doesn't return smoothly, & it rattles a bit.

Does any one know if this spring can be replaced by dismantling & re-assembling the handle assembly, or would it be easier to just change the handle assembly in one go?

If it's a case of changing the handle assembly, has anyone out there got one?

[/ QUOTE ]
hi there i have had the same thing happen to my a4 last year, spoke to audi they dont sell the spring seperately only the whole unit,( comes with the tweeter grill and chrome handle) for about £25 i think.
i was toying with the idea of taking the spring out from the rear door handle which does not get used much, just havent got round to doing this yet .
i hope this helps.