Headlamp washers

Arrkon

Back in a "B"
Staff member
Regional Rep
Reaction score
Best way to transfer my washer jets over to a FG RS4 bumper? Dremel and epoxy, sikaflex etc???

The headlight washer are mounted to the bumper crash bar iirc so you will just need to cut out the holes so that the washers sit flush with the bumper.

Yep, both Bradderz and Scott speak the truth!

I was looking into doing it with my RS4 Rep bumper until an oem unit became available and i went that route! The concept is, for all washers other than oem RS4, the washers unit/caps are pushed up with the pressure and then rest back on the bumper itself, so in reality you only need a hole big enough for the washer jet to get thru, but less than the width and breadth of the cap so the bumper still supports it when retracted!

I still have my original Sport bumper here with the holes, i can measure sizes if you need it but im sure it'll be obvious when you start doing it!

well i can either:
  • Use PFL wash jets and get colour matched.
  • use surface mounted ones (like these: Wash Jets)
thoughts? as i think FL ones will be tricky to make them fit correctly.

Could use some from a 2003> laguna and just paint to match the front bumper?

What would be the tidiest/easiest route in your opinion guys?

PFL ones or use some like the mk2 laguna where they are always visible on the bumper?

think the cover clips to the top of the jet head.

Now to find someone who is breaking a PFL and will part the jets and pipework out of the bumper.... hmm

I had a thought.
No idea if it will work.
But if you're after a flush subtle look.Check out BMW's rear washer jet for the their E34 tourers.

Explain Scott....with pics for simple c*£ts like me!:uhm:

You'd only forget.

Ok then.

The ones in the tail gate are small round flush fit the eject up to squirt. Same out head light washers but they are smaller and flush fit.
I'm not fully 100% sure how they work, attach or their size. This all from memory of when I had mine and I never worked.
I'll find more info and pictures tomorrow for you.