any one got a boost leak tester i can borrow?

Make one the fairly straight forward I used one of the end caps off an exhaust extractor pipe and pulled a tyre valve through and just got some one to keep an eye on the boost gauge whilst I charged the system with tyre pressure gauge, then just made sure I had blanked the TIP where the pancake valve is and took the engine oil cap off. It will be slightly differant on the 2.7T just have a spray bottle with soapy water at the ready you can even pull the vac line of the fpr and plum your boost gauge there if its not all wired in that is lol

Here's the puppy I made it works a treat as it clamps straight to the MAF housing.
37319e51.jpg

If you make one, on the corner of the Y pipe is a fitting which goes to a round plastic valve. You need to disconnect this valve from the Y pipe, and plug the hole in the Y pipe with a rubber cap (jubilee clipped on) otherwise you'll throw oil into your breathers and turn the car into a smoke machine!

If you make one, on the corner of the Y pipe is a fitting which goes to a round plastic valve. You need to disconnect this valve from the Y pipe, and plug the hole in the Y pipe with a rubber cap (jubilee clipped on) otherwise you'll throw oil into your breathers and turn the car into a smoke machine!

excellent info...... yet again..... thanks buddy