Power steering leak?

smoking_bob

Reaction score
Hi All,

have had a power steering leak for a few weeks now. Its coming from the front right, right under the resivour. I replaced the clips on the bottom 2 hoses, the old ones looked shot, but to no avail. Anyone know the most likley culprit? Photo is below. you can see small drops of fluid on the clips! It seems to be running down the pipes then dripping from the clips! Any help would be appricated, Also if anyone has a diagram of the power steering system, that would be great, i will assume i will need to order parts!

IMAG0016 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks again

Bob

One of those hoses goes to the rack (its the return line) and the other goes to the reservoir.

Remove the black plastic cover around the reservoir and have a look there for leaks?

Its hardly the rack itself Aragorn? If its not that i think i will just order a new reseviour and pipes and just replace the lot!
I was told it might be the rack, which has me a tad worried to say the least!

i doubt its the rack, if it were, it would be unlikely to track all the way along the hose and drip off at the front of the car, it'd just drip off at the rack itself.

Its probably just leaking from the reservoir, either from another bad clip, a perished hose, or a crack in the plastic reservoir itself.

Thanks, i will have a look where you said. ***** to get into though! thanks again mate :) much appricated