Have a slight problem....

Reaction score
Website
srmphotography.pullfolio.com
Here is the problem....

IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0196-1.jpg

And what would the solution be? I'm not wanting to run a stretched tyre as it dicks on handling. Im thinking arch extensions, kinda 'allroad' style but a little more sporty. I am not too keen on pulling the arches for obvious reasons.

Cheers in advanced, sam

hmmm!
the rozzers will have you driving with them like that bud! thats an MOT fail right there!
get some rims with the proper offset dude!

i would be thinking of replacing the rims first rather than modifying your car to make them fit with extended arches etc!
but, if they mean so much and you surely cant get rid you could get the offsets machined, but this is rather expensive!

looking at the reflection im assuming these are a set of standard mercedes rims? unless they were a really nice set of super dooper rims, i wouldnt consider arch extensions.

tucked in and up under the arches, a much better look,

btw wanna sell your spare speedline? still need one :(

worthless.gif

post them up, lets see them side on

Couldn't agree with alsie more, stick the merc rims on. What wheels are they anyway?????

Right I wanted to avoid posting this until they were all sorted cos it looks really really stupid without the drop atm but here you go lads (and lasses?)

40mmdrop.jpg

EDIT: Just realised this is a photoshop with a 40mm drop on it, gonna go 50 methinks?

Hmmm dont like..

Love them...

if they fitted inside the arches, id be looking for set, would look better with the centres painted and the edges polished

get rid and find some that fit

what about flaring the standard arches...

3.jpg

Well thats one option but Im not to sure how easily done it is on an A4, are they a duel skin or single? And how does the paint react to been stretched? Also, is it even worth all this effort for a 1.9 tdi :blink:

I just need it to be legal and I will be happy lol

Im still a newbie but on Wikipedia it says the RS4 was wider front arches, anyone shine a light on how much wider they are, is there a straight swap with those wings on the B5, cos I really like those wheels

Im still a newbie but on Wikipedia it says the RS4 was wider front arches, anyone shine a light on how much wider they are, is there a straight swap with those wings on the B5, cos I really like those wheels

I have almost the same problem at the rear though, I may have to look into flairing. I did get the car fairly cheap so she is worth spending a few pennies on but just not too sure where to throw those pennies

Whats the particulars on the wheels?

ET/offset, width?

You might get away with just putting narrower tyres on them. 225 or 235 is the max the B5 will really take, and they wont be tooo stretched on an 8.5" rim

Also, it looks like you've put wider rims on the front than the rear?

monoblocks? now your talking! get some proper audi a8 monoblocks! awesome in every aspect!

Last edited by a moderator:
They have an ET of 24, which isnt great for the audi. But it would be great for a slammed audi with lovely arches. The tyres on at the moment are 235s so I would need to run some serious stretch to make em work, which aint gonna happen.

Sell the wheels and buy some with the correct offset is the only solution I'm afraid. You might be able to get a machine shop to mill down the mating face but it does depend on how much meat there is on there as it looks like you'd need to remove a lot metal.

some cars carry that look off very well, seen a Scooby with arches like that and it looked pants, but that Golf looks awsome

im liking your thinking...so outside the box its in a different county :)

thats what im talking about...looks sick

Reactions: caistor_bmx
Now to find some universal arches that dont require riveting to the wing but instead either stick on via the same type of non paint damaging solvent that holds on car badges or 'clip' to the section under the arch that is normally 'rolled' when you have your arches done. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
Ok, so after actually thinking about this properly.... surely the obvious solution would be a set of arches off an early A6 allroad? The arches cant be too different accross the lager audis from 2000? The would just trim down no? Anyhow, here is a photopoop of a set of allroad arches. You lot think it will work?

70973061_1-2002-AUDI-A6-ALLROAD-QUATTRO--Yulan.jpg

AudiAllroad.jpg

I would spray them the same satin at the front grill probs

sorry dont like, as i dont think the allroad looks that good anyway and it was supposed to look like that.

seriously i think your flogging a dead horse hear with those wheels as they just arent going to either fit correctly or look right, best cut your losses and swap them for the proper fit.

you could consider the rs4 route seeing as it does have flared arches, but that just opens up w whole load more work and then your also talking sily money as its not a cheap or easy conversion, its not just a case of swapping wings, athey sit wider anyway so you will also need inclduing the 2 front wings, a front bumper then if your doing te back you ill need 2 rear quater panels, 2 new rear doors, and rear bumper and thats for starters, then course fitting and re spray.........

new wheels defo cheaper.

Could always go with RS4 arches as the fronts should just bolt on with new inner arches, but then you need the bumpers and doing the rear arches is a major operation.

Sienna done it to his with genuine RS4 bits and it looked really good. Just a shame the chap turned out to be not quiet as great as he first seemed. NEZ did it with his too don't know if he did his with rear metal arches though

Sienna done it to his with genuine RS4 bits and it looked really good. Just a shame the chap turned out to be not quiet as great as he first seemed. NEZ did it with his too don't know if he did his with rear metal arches though

What do you mean by 'he wasnt as great...' you have me intregued haha

Last edited:
Nez's and Sienas were both done with proper RS4 panels.

Theres quite a few widebody saloons of varying specs over on SRS, most done with real panels.

Siena ripped a few people from the forum off. I'm not sure if it was genuine malice, or if he just got in over his head, took on too much and hit major cashflow issues, but the end result was quite a few forum members ended up out of pocket for significant sums, and he then tried to just ignore everyone. It then came out that something similar had happened on another Audi forum a few years previous with the same guy.