Needing a wheel locking nut?? Help please

ayr_audi_nut

Reaction score
Hi there folks, audi a4 1.9tdi, s reg, standard original alloys, lost my wheel locking nut, so I'm kinda snookered if I get a puncture. Do I have to take the car to my Audi garage or is there any online places I can order it.

Was hoping I didn't have to just drill through the stuck on bolts, or would that be the cheapest option?

Thanks in advance,

Alz.

Depends on what bolts you got, I brought those lazer wheel nut removal tools but didn't work as mine were affectively like a cone shape with 3 little holes around the bit that sticks out if that makes sense, so they were like coded bolts only a certain nut could get them of, anyway I took mine to a local tyre place( not kwick fit they wouldn't touch it incase they damaged the rim) and the local place removed them all for me for a tenner I think it was.

I've lost my key too. I was advised to go to Audi for a replacement at about £40. I'd rather do that than risk damaging a wheel and have to buy a new set of locking nuts.

dealers have skeleton sets. simply a matter of them seeing which one of theres fits and ordering you the one. being that this is the b5 section and if you have the original audi spline ones still..... i can tell you there is only 12 variations to pick from!

Cheers folks, it's my old runabout, alloys are in shocking state anyway, think I'll just get them drilled out. If its only around a tenner,

Cheers again.

smack a spline bit in there and take it off gently. then throw them away!
I dont run them anymore.
royal pain when you loose the key!