Anyone ever used plasti dip

audiv8quattro

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has ever used plastidip, I saw a bloke on audizine do his roof black but never seen it on here before, just wondered what people thought of the product as I'm thinking about spraying my roof black with it

Have seen something on AZ as you say, but would worry that it would show up small imperfecctions etc. Wouldnt hurt to try it thou on a smaller panel first then take it from there!

Yeah definatly worth ago think I'll get some in the next few weeks and give it a go it does look cool though

Wow, great for winterizing your wheels to.

I used that a few months ago on my wiper arms..
Its really difficult to remove.. Better than i though.. :) I have a few yellow and red box more. i may paint my wheels..

i did some mesh which worked well.
it doesnt stick as well on sheet surfaces where an edge is exposed as it does on a dip covering.

not sure how smooth it would go on a roof though

Not to sure mate , the bloke on az had a White b5 and he done his roof black, looked really good apparently the trick is loads of thin layers to achieve a smooth even finish

Not to sure mate , the bloke on az had a White b5 and he done his roof black, looked really good apparently the trick is loads of thin layers to achieve a smooth even finish

100% Correct! Very thin layers building them up is the trick to getting it right, but not sure I'd use it on a roof, TBH. With postage the stuff is around £15 a can ( I have a tin for painting and dipping stuff and a can for spraying it on) and I think you'd need a few cans for the area of a car roof. It might be more cost effective to have a vinyl wrap. I have to say though the stuff is amazing for smaller areas like mesh grilles and badges, etc. I did my rear badges and the finish it gives is really top notch. You can also buy a can to spray on top of the normal Plastidip that adds a gloss coating to it (you can't use normal clearcoat on the rubber stuff). :wub: xx

Thanks paulie that's just answered my next question about the clear coat, I think the bloke on az used 4 cans, how much roughly would it cost to get it wrapped instead ??

I think about £120'ish for a roof wrap, Dude, but at least you're guaranteed a great finish with a professional doing it for you. :wub: xx