Volks AutosAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Interior chrome

  1. #1
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    14,997

    Interior chrome

    Did all B5s come with chrome door handles and Auto gear stick surrounds?

    I've been toying with the idea of painting or covering the chrome on the handles and auto gear stick but not so sure.
    Any one done this or got any pictures?

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    audiv6quattro's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East sussex
    Posts
    392
    You seem to be getting quite handy with wrapping of things, just waiting for you to post that you've wrapped your whole car lol. As for the question all the a4s I've seen have the chrome handles not sure about the auto stick though
    1996 A4 2.6 v6 quattro,love the car hate the cost!!

  4. #3
    Foxmeister's Avatar
    Fired Up!
    Funky Pong Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sunny Glesga!
    Posts
    1,767
    All came with chrome door pulls as you said Scott, apart from the RS4 that had matt black ones



    Think Byzan had his standard ones powdercoated and maybe Kev aswell, best talk to them regarding how that works, should be a simple procedure thou and do all the chrome bits you want at the same time.

    Project RS28 build
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...1-Project-RS28

    German cowboy walks into a car showroom and says "Audi".......

  5. #4
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    14,997
    Quote Originally Posted by audiv6quattro View Post
    You seem to be getting quite handy with wrapping of things, just waiting for you to post that you've wrapped your whole car lol. As for the question all the a4s I've seen have the chrome handles not sure about the auto stick though
    I wont be wrapping my car.
    I like my colour to much.
    I might do a protective wrap on some areas but not the whole car.

    Chrome gear stick surround thingy with a bit of chrome on the bottom


    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  6. #5
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    14,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxmeister View Post
    All came with chrome door pulls as you said Scott, apart from the RS4 that had matt black ones



    Think Byzan had his standard ones powdercoated and maybe Kev aswell, best talk to them regarding how that works, should be a simple procedure thou and do all the chrome bits you want at the same time.
    Hopefully they see this and offer some incite.

    I wont powder coat them. I've wrap them. starting to enjoy it.

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  7. #6
    "Stick a V8 in it!"

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland
    Posts
    15,364
    I had the handles in the missus car powdercoated satin black. looks good and goes nice with the carbon trim.

    Dont actually have any pics of it though!

    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build


  8. #7
    Foxmeister's Avatar
    Fired Up!
    Funky Pong Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sunny Glesga!
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    I had the handles in the missus car powdercoated satin black. looks good and goes nice with the carbon trim.

    Dont actually have any pics of it though!
    Will be something i'll look into now that im heading inside to mod soon! How much was it for them all Kev if you can mind?

    Project RS28 build
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...1-Project-RS28

    German cowboy walks into a car showroom and says "Audi".......

  9. #8
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    14,997
    Foxy, Colour Coded.

    I got chrome in the boot as well.
    Hmmmm

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  10. #9
    Foxmeister's Avatar
    Fired Up!
    Funky Pong Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sunny Glesga!
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by scott b5 View Post
    Foxy, Colour Coded.

    I got chrome in the boot as well.
    Hmmmm
    Who? U, or me Scott?

    Colour coded could work, but i have carbon so will go black to blend in there i think!

    Yours would look smart that way, mines too bright for it i think.

    Project RS28 build
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...1-Project-RS28

    German cowboy walks into a car showroom and says "Audi".......

  11. #10
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    14,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxmeister View Post
    Who? U, or me Scott?

    Colour coded could work, but i have carbon so will go black to blend in there i think!

    Yours would look smart that way, mines too bright for it i think.
    Us. lol

    Just thinking about it.
    Not sure if it will be to bright or not.

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  12. #11
    Foxmeister's Avatar
    Fired Up!
    Funky Pong Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sunny Glesga!
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by scott b5 View Post
    Us. lol

    Just thinking about it.
    Not sure if it will be to bright or not.
    If i were to do it all again, and with your colour(not takin the pi$$, i actually like it) i defo would try something different!

    I had an original idea of having the trims gloss black with some sort of design running thru the middle in the exterior red colour(either the Audi rings with 2.8 in fancy writing etc or the like) or red style carbon fibre! I had never seen the matt look before and it is a bit bland, but looks very classy and i like! Mine is never gonna be that thou, so wouldnt fit!

    Project RS28 build
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...1-Project-RS28

    German cowboy walks into a car showroom and says "Audi".......

  13. #12
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    14,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxmeister View Post
    If i were to do it all again, and with your colour(not takin the pi$$, i actually like it) i defo would try something different!

    I had an original idea of having the trims gloss black with some sort of design running thru the middle in the exterior red colour(either the Audi rings with 2.8 in fancy writing etc or the like) or red style carbon fibre! I had never seen the matt look before and it is a bit bland, but looks very classy and i like! Mine is never gonna be that thou, so wouldnt fit!
    Good point.

    I'll keep an eye our for door handles and get some paint.
    See what I come up with.

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  14. #13
    "Stick a V8 in it!"

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland
    Posts
    15,364
    Only cost 20quid to have them done.

    Foxy: i've still got those black interior trims kicking around if your interested?

    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build


  15. #14
    Foxmeister's Avatar
    Fired Up!
    Funky Pong Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sunny Glesga!
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    Foxy: i've still got those black interior trims kicking around if your interested?
    Which ones are you on about Kev, the door pulls you had powdercoated? If so how much mate?

    Project RS28 build
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...1-Project-RS28

    German cowboy walks into a car showroom and says "Audi".......

  16. #15
    "Stick a V8 in it!"

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland
    Posts
    15,364
    nah mate, the A/B/C pillar trims and headlining etc in black from the S4

    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build


  17. #16
    Foxmeister's Avatar
    Fired Up!
    Funky Pong Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sunny Glesga!
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    nah mate, the A/B/C pillar trims and headlining etc in black from the S4
    Oh right, thought they were long gone! Did i ask if it was sunroof type? I need it without, but would be interested in the ABC trims etc in black!

    Project RS28 build
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...1-Project-RS28

    German cowboy walks into a car showroom and says "Audi".......

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Difference between leather interior door cards and cloth interior door cards...
    By Martin69 in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22nd June 2011, 15:29
  2. Chrome plated S5
    By Road Razor in forum You Tube Links
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd September 2009, 12:30
  3. Chrome help
    By Pert_A4 in forum Detailing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th February 2009, 09:39
  4. Chrome sills??
    By alecblack in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th September 2006, 12:36
  5. De-chrome
    By johnie72 in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21st August 2006, 15:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO