Beeping from right hand rear of car.

Audibronie

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have an 01 1.9 TDI A4. Never had any major issues, it passed the nct (Irish MOT) a month ago. Only recent work carried out was 3 days ago when I had the tension belt replaced, it was worn out. So 2 days ago, every so often I noticed a low pitched grinding/ticking/pulling sound above the rear driver side wheel every so often after id stop the car. Then last night when I got out and turned car off it carried on for 3/4 hours! Then in the middle of the night a loud beeping sound from same area started, pressing the fob buttons a few times it stopped. This happened 4/5 time today, so last time I pressed the 2 buttons inside driver door on (I think there alarm sensor / tow sensor's?) and left car unlocked. It hasn't happened since. So any idea what so ever whats going on? Any suggestions / answers appreciated. Could the garage have triggered something changing tenson belt? The other thing maybe worth noting, is the spare wheel is currently on car!. Any advise welcome, thanks in advance Audibronie

its the alarm sounder dying,unplug it or get a replacement.Its located just infront of the offside rear light.

tony