Facelift Lights

AndyC

Reaction score
Website
www.k-tecracing.com
finally got round to fitting my new facelift lights to my 96 A4..

got to say they look much smarter....

taken a few yrs off the car.... + you can see better!!!

Andy

p.s. handy tip.... and air saw makes VERY light work of the fitting... so does a soldering iron!

I really want to get this upgrade completed on my car. However I am missing the drivers side headlight. If anyone comes across one on there travels please could you let me know. ta

Just wondering what the story is with insurance if you go and do this upgrade? i.e. will the insurance companay add on a premium if you do it. I guess it depends on the insurance company as well.
Also would there be any issues with seling your car afterwards. I guess I'm a bit put off by the fact that it's an irreversible mod. I guess in a way it might make the car more desireable i.e. more sellable.
Any views on this? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

it's reversible if you hasve 2 new wings!

just make sure you properly paint the bare metal so no change of rust.
although with is being galvanised steel, the zince should act as a sacrificial element over the actual sheet steel.
insurance companies - is it a major mod? all i've done is chaged headlights.

Would you want to risk driving with no insurance because you didn't tell your insurer you'd modified your car?
They probably won't charge you extra for changing the lights but you are supposed to notify all changes that affect performance and/or increase the value of the car.

Hello Andy or anyone else.
Are you interested in some facelift rear Lenses?
I have some from my 2000( W) S4.
Cheers

Tony

[ QUOTE ]
pass tubtub! can't tell them i've got illegal xenons can i?!

[/ QUOTE ]
I merely mentioned what you're supposed to do, not what you are most likely to do.
One of my cars has radial tyres on it which didn't exist when it was made, another has a little black box that gives it an extra 35bhp. I should, according to the conditions of my insurance, notify both.
Have I?
Have I b*ll*cks!

wiring loom

simply get the connectors from audi to suit a 2000 model a4

get the wiring kit

then solder the connections to fit

all I need now is the height adjusment

Andy