Just bought my 1st S4 B5 and getting it RR'd

adidasandy

Reaction score
Right chaps,
Just bought a S4 B5 Avant 1998, had loads of work done to it by previous owners with a catalogue of history, now the bull**** BHP I was told is 340 but no print out to prove so it's booked in at Motoscope in Northallerton this Saturday not just for the BHP but it's over fuelling terrible. Has anyone used this company before, it's been it lots of mags etc and has great reviews and it's the only one local ish to me that has 4x4 RR.

Audi : AUDI S4 B5 AVANT 340 BHP price drop 4800

Last edited:
Mate, why dont you just email MRC and ask Doug if he remembers the car at all? Hes one of the good guys and will tell you what you need to know. Apart from the overfuelling, why would you think 340bhp is bull****? Its not unheard of to have K03's mapped to this bhp. If it has rs4 mani's fitted why wouldnt he fit KO4's? To fit RS4 mani's is an engine out job so chances are MRC done this work too.
Very nice S4 by the way :thumbsup:

Overfuelling probably means limp mode, which will explain why it doesnt feel like it has 340hp.

Vagcom scan and see whats wrong with it before you go near any rolling road.

Just mailed MRC to ask that Q, as far as manifolds go and all the other bits done it's just what I have been told and paperwork to back up but I wouldn't know whats what THB. It looks good and drive great apart from a odd vibration coming from the rear now and then on motorways but thats on a different thread.

Last edited:
Motorscope in Northallerton are good. My old man used them a few years back now to have a Saab 900 Turbo chipped and RR'd. Very good results and pleasent guys.

But as said, VCDS it before taking it anyway. Might reveal a fault or two.

Sorry to but in but is that the free version of vcds and does it do throttle body alignment and what else does it do thanks

It is the free version. Not sure if it will do TBA. But to be honest, you can do that with bonnet up, drivers door open and turn on ignition. You will hear the throttle Body 'whirring' aligning itself for about 30 seconds or so.