Radio problem

Nitro

Reaction score
Hi Guys, my volume on my Audi Concert stereo in now totally stuffed, full or off. I heard about a company called Maple Audio who repair these. But I am un able to contact them. Does any one know any one who does repair or replace these? I want to keep my car OE.

Thanks

i had this problem with mine and everywhere i took it said 'bin it, not cost affective' i now have a sony unit for the same cost as fix.

I got mine done by maple audio and I was very happy with the job, wanted to keep it oem like yourself.
Are you sure they aren't on holiday or something ? It cost me about £100 plus re-delivery.
It's been fine for over 2 years.

Thanks guys, I will try Maple audio again. The problem I have is about two years ago I replaced my speakers with Kicker units from USA that all fitted in original housings, sounds awesome now, but they are a different ohm to normal. So if I replace the head unit they will need to be replaced again, won't they? Plus my CD multi changer is controlled by the original head unit, what would I do then?
All advise appreciated, thanks

Yes 2ohm not 4 ohm, it was the rear shelf speakers i replaced as mine were blown the units are subs in the shelf of the sedan, the kicker units are 6inch drivers with twice the size magnets, they made the world of difference. They cost quite a bit but were cheaper than audi quoted me for replacement units

By the way, how do you remove the standard audi concert radio from the dash, is it the two slots at the bottom, do you need a special tool or just a flat piece of metal?