312mm question.

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Are all Mk1 TT's fitted with 312mm disc with the compatible carriers for the upgrade on the B5 ???

8N0615125

TT - 99>02
Bora - 99>01
Golf - 98>02
Leon - 00>01
Toledo - 99-01

1J0615125A

TT - 03>06
Bora - 02>05
Golf - 98>06
Ibiza - 02>10
Leon - 02>06
Toledo - 02-04

I think the above is right.

Last edited:
Yeah they are. None had the 282mm discs so all had 312mm`s.

Sweet I've just snapped a deal up for pair £30 posted :)

Just hope he sticks to his word lol

The 312mm will they fit under 17" alloys lads? Got Anni 312mm Brakes on my Golf but thats running 18's" Think I'm gonna upgrade my front brake as the old front ones are needing replacing so might as well upgrade.:shrug:

I have 312mm brakes with 16" wheels - so will deffo fit with 17's

It seems that the chap has got wind that these carriers are quite sought after and he's ignored me for a week and now he's saying that one of them is damaged from front wheel impact (********), any one got a set as my pad warning light is on now so I need them ASAP as I don't wana replace I wana upgrade lol !!

When i got mine i just emailed everyone on ebay breaking a TT that wasnt obviously a big garage/breakers yard.

Yeah tried mailing a few most won't split from callipers though :(

May take a trip to local scrappers see what they have.

Well no joy at scrappers and no load covers unfortunatly Scott !!

Will 2000 S3 AMK carriers be 312mm and be compatible with B5 ??

Yeah think it's 8l B5 era shape ?? well they best do as I've just paid him £50 posted the guy was adamant it has 312mm carriers, I must have messaged about 50 people breaking differant vag cars and my persistence paid off !!! :)

Yeah think it's 8l B5 era shape ?? well they best do as I've just paid him £50 posted the guy was adamant it has 312mm carriers, I must have messaged about 50 people breaking differant vag cars and my persistence paid off !!! :)

Nice one.
Let us know if any one else replies with a set.
I'd be interested.

I keep bugging my VRS friends to upgrade their brakes. :)

Lowest I had was £45 each posted with callipers but il let you know if anymore get back to me and forward you the item number.

Normal OEM pads currently but will be upgrading to something more suitable in the up coming months when i start hitting the track days. Pagid stuff from Euro`s and stuff is fairly decent for standard stuff and cheap.

If your wanting GOOD pads then i'd take a look at DS2500 or Mintex M1144/M1155. They're not strictly road legal though.

Ferodo do the DS Performance range which are road legal and replaced the old DS2000, so they might be worth a look.

I was going for Mintex M1155s but everyone is saying they dust like crazy. Same with the M1144s but even more so with the next ones up. They`re good for the money it seems although reports that the Mintex pads crumble on the edges quite easily. DS2500s are probably as good as 1155s but less dusty but then the price is about 40/50quid more..

Might just put up with the dust if i get the Mintex pads and get some dark grey/black wheels and end up washing them a lot lol. On Ebay you can get front 1155s and rear 1144s for a tiny bit more than just the front DS2500s.

Track pads could be classed as not legal as im guessing if you had a prang at low speeds the pads could be blamed as they`d be accussed as not being suitable at low, cold driving speeds on public roads.

No all EBC pads are dog**** so the general word on the street suggests. Blue and orange are meant to be good but then they`re trial pads and only out for a few models so far. I supposed it depends on your needs.

The aforementioned pads dont have R90 approval, which is required for all passenger cars build after 2000 afaik.

They're also sometimes marked with "not for road use".

Mintex M1144/55 arent usually that expensive? Certainly a fair amount cheaper than the Ferodos anyway.

MINTEX M1144 BRAKE PADS / MINTEX CTECH PERFORMANCE PADS - MDB1531M1144 - Mintex Racing Brake Pads £94.90 MINTEX Brake Product Range MINTEX Brake Pads - MDB1526 to MDB1550

If your wanting standard pads, then just buy a good brand like pagid or ferodo premier and they'll be fine.

What is the spacing measurement for the carrier bolts on standard TQS uprights or even B6 S4 or other compatible uprights ??

Arggh another f***ing dingbat just seems to have left the country suddenly, this time I've paid twats, PayPal dispute and another day of searching and messaging breakers :(

Has the one I pm you done same ? hate people like that If you got an eBay account you send what you sell and do the best you can for people not say one thing and then vanish really ****ing ****** me off.