few mods.. pics.

ldoshiv2

Reaction score
Been busy over the past few days.
Bought a few parts, weathers been s*** up in Scotland but was itching to get out. oh and Sorry for the ****e quality pics.

Got a replacement wing in the exact colour code and absolutely immaculate which i was well chuffed about! (£45 posted),

Vag com 2nd hand which was a steal!!

Replaced the rear brakes which was an absolute pig of a job as i couldn't get the o/s piston to wind in. the pads were just about into the metal
Got there in the end after many hours, decided whilst i was there to attempt to clean my ABS sensor as abs was illuminated, carefully took out and wiped with alcohol ,(vodka btw i had nothing else) cleaned copper housing, put back in, cleared fault code not had the light illuminated, - was extremely surprised that that actually solved the problem but thought it was worth a try!

Swapped my SE leathers for S4's few months ago, had-to change connector for side airbags ? must have been different for f/l? - another light put out ! Its great knowing that there's no fault codes or lights illuminated haha! wont stay like that for long.
car is running great although occasionally it will start with a plume of black smoke and idle high for around 5 mins (hot or cold start)
thought a new service and fuel filter would clear this but nope. 1.9tdi any ideas ?

new side bottom rubber door trim -£25 posted

Full service - (BTW asda are doing castrol magnatex for £10 !!! 4 litres)

Finally got a new head-unit from Santa, so i thought it was about time to fit my new centre console! had to get the merta kit for a facia adaptor. had a chance of an audi navigation unit for £100, wish i took it, but i wasn't sure what the crack was, it came with everything, the gps unit ect, but wasnt sure if it would have been a pig of a job.
will get some clean pics of when its all polished up and my roof vinyl wrapped !! ( still not sure to go for carbon or gloss black)
hope you all like!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff mate!

Cars looking good, get more pics up. What headunit did you get then???

Car is looking good.

got the centre console for a steal also ! if anybody needs a l/f single din give us a shout! the girl got me it, its great for the money, but i think ill upgrade somewhat through the year, its an eonon (chinese) headunit, it has dvd,satnav, freeview, ( with a dvb tuner in glovebox) - freeview not that grand. bluetooth ect,
Thanks mate! im gonna do the wheels darker in the spring ! Covered it in meguiars today! lookin good.