Could someone "in the know" please check this part number for me? S4 brake upgrade.

B5QUAT

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just about to splash out on the caliper carriers for doing the 345mm B6 S4 front brake conversion on my car. I've already managed to get a set of B5 S4 uprights 2nd hand and I've tried for months to get some 2nd hand B6 S4 calipers and carriers without success.

I can get the discs pads and calipers new from All German Parts but I'm told the carriers are Audi only. Apparently they are about £150 each side from the dealer! But the hell with it. I'm fed up of waiting and fed up of poo brakes.

I've done a bit of homework and it seems that the part number I need is 1K0 615 125C which is apparently with a black finish (if the suffix is B they are apparently silver). I prefer black as I want it as OEM looking as possible.

Now the question is a) is this the correct part number and b) is it the same part number for both sides (ie do I order 2x 1K0 615 125C) or not?

Also, when you google this part number it comes up with a load of stuff on Mk5 Golfs. Is this also a VW part and if so, would it be cheaper from a VW agent perhaps (much more Mk5s about than S4s)?

Any help would be appreciated before I spend £300 of my hard earned to find out that they don't fit!

Thanks

1K0 615 125C is golf/a3 fitment only. No mention of S4 at all on ETKA and is for 312mm brakes. 1K0615125B is the number you want which is for S4/A4/Passat/Eos/A6 blah blah blah. £145.89 inc vat each

Last edited:
Will these not do 110801923506 ?? As you could sell the rears don't no if there 345mm but there good stoppers as I drove a seat cupra r with these fitted and there keen as **** lol

They ended with no bids might be worth a shot !!

The R32 front brake calipers and carriers are more or less the same as the B6 S4 ones.

The main differences are the caliper piston is only 57mm instead of 60, and they're blue.

The piston issue isnt that big a deal, as the stock 288 calipers also have a 57mm piston. Staying at 57mm means they wont be quite as powerful as the B6 ones (marginally), but you'll also retain a more solid pedal feel as a result.

The disks wont fit however, as the offset is different.

The R32 front brake calipers and carriers are more or less the same as the B6 S4 ones.

The main differences are the caliper piston is only 57mm instead of 60, and they're blue.

The piston issue isnt that big a deal, as the stock 288 calipers also have a 57mm piston. Staying at 57mm means they wont be quite as powerful as the B6 ones (marginally), but you'll also retain a more solid pedal feel as a result.

The disks wont fit however, as the offset is different.

Thanks!

So, could I get those calipers and carriers that Bradderz posted up for a mk5 R32, then I'd just need B6 S4 Discs and R32 pads? What about brake hoses? Would my B5 hoses fit the R32 calipers?

Thanks

For the brake hose, the B6 S4 has a metal bracket bolted to the caliper which takes a short length of hard line, much the same as your existing caliper. The hose from that bracket to the chassis is then just the standard B5/B6 A4/S4 hose.

The R32 caliper may not have this bracket/hardline, so you may need to buy them from the dealer, but they're not too expensive.

For the brake hose, the B6 S4 has a metal bracket bolted to the caliper which takes a short length of hard line, much the same as your existing caliper. The hose from that bracket to the chassis is then just the standard B5/B6 A4/S4 hose.

The R32 caliper may not have this bracket/hardline, so you may need to buy them from the dealer, but they're not too expensive.

Great info, thanks! Might as well get those remanufactured R32 Calipers and carriers then. They are the same money as just the S4 carriers from Audi