The Magic 150!!

deano16v

Reaction score
150k.jpg

and still going stronger than a very strong thing!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

lol
i wanted to get a pic of me doing 130mph as i clocked over to 130,000 but didnt really plan it very well and couldnt find a private road
that was 600 miles ago no

If I could be *rs*d to get my camera out I'd show you a photo of 179,000+ on my '97 TDI.
It purrs like a kitten and runs like a cheetah, actually two cheetahs 'cos it's twice as fast - 127 mph indicated.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

My 2002 A4 has just notched up 120k /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif my last Audi had 163k when I sold it and was still going strong.

Paintwork was flawless, I tend to buy high miledge Audi's and keep em till 150k, that way I can afford the quattro model /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ronny,
I couldn't agree more. My 179K A4 had 96K on it when I bought it three years from new. It has been an excellent, reliable car and in five years has cost little to maintain. I'd like a quattro too but a B5 TDI quattro saloon (or better still Avant) is a bit scarce in these parts.

i cant believe that at 150k it still drives like its done 15k. really goes to show how well built these cars are. not even a stonechip!
to be fair most of the miles have been done with the cruise control set /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Slightly OT - my old 100 2.6 covered 252,000 before I had to let it go - engine was 100% perfect, interior was perfect (I am now sitting on one of the seats as I type this) and the only thing which let it down in the end was the need for a new exhaust system, cat, 2 x lambda probes, windscreen and full brakes all round - when you add it all up it would have cost more to fix up than I could sell the car for...... made me so angry in the end cos the car was wonderful other than its unbelievable thirst for go go juice.

Just goes to show that they go on forever.

BTW - 252,000 miles on the original clutch!!!!