a4 quattro problem

Lukes a4 quattro

Reaction score
hellow
there im new and have been having problems with my car was wondering if there was anybody who had the same problem the car bucks between 1700rpm 2300rpm iv changed the coils the plugs air temp sensor cleaned throttle if any one could help would be appreciated oh tried scanner machine at seat garage but would not read the ecu

hi there sorry was supposed to say 1.8t engine ajl code and its a a4 quattro 1998 face lift

Assuming no boost leak, i'd go for the MAF sensor. Disconnect it and take it for a drive and see if it's ok now

Air leak. Check all the pipes and hoses around the inlet manifold, and then do a pressure test if you cant find anything.

Try the fuel pressure regulator pipe at the back of the inlet manifold near the bulkhead and also the vac line to the DV there prone to distort and leak.

hi mate hope you find the problem ive had the exact same problem on my 2.6 v6 quattro completly different engine i know but ive tried all the pipes hoses coolant temp sensor icm mine dont have a maf so couldnt try that but also tried changing both cats, maybe try changing your cat i still havent found the problem it so annoying im getting about 18mpg due to this problem. good luck mate

Have you checked the dv as when I took mine off to replace it with a forge item the diaphragm had a split in it and you could blow straight through it with little effort.